16 - what i've done

I don't think last night could've gone any better. The dinner was really nice and my nerves quickly disappeared when Cole reassured me I couldn't mess anything up - although I'm still not completely certain about that. My food was great and, for some reason, Cole enjoyed his. That's all I thought last night would be though. I had no idea he was planning the lantern thing, which was definitely the highlight of my night. It was the sweetest idea and I'm still sort of in shock that it even happened. I got to live my childhood dream.

This never would've happened if I stayed with Nya.

Why am I even thinking about her? She isn't important anymore. I'm with Cole and I'm happy with him. I need to stop comparing the two.

But one thing I know for sure is that I'm planning our next date and I'm gonna make it something extra special to make up for what Cole did for me. It'll be challenging to top it but I'm creative enough to come up with something equally as great, right?

I wanted to hang out with Cole all day today but, of course, something always seems to get in the way. Wu wants Lloyd and I to go on a mission, or rather that's how he described it. I think it's some kind of charity fundraising thing but I'm not entirely sure what's going on. It's linked with the care home my grandpa is at so I thought, why not? Besides, it should be fun if Lloyd is going too.

They just need us to volunteer there so I don't know why Wu referred to it as a mission. Probably to get us off our backsides for once.

As we're leaving, Wu reminds us to be kind and respectful, all the simple bullshit we already know as ninja and good Ninjago citizens.

"Yes, we know, you don't need to give us a speech," Lloyd rolls his eyes as we head towards the doorway.

I go to open the door and step out, almost bumping into someone.

"Oh, sorry," I smile awkwardly.

"No worries," the postman nods.

As I slip past him, he hands Lloyd a large wad of letters, who hands them to Wu. Our letters usually get put in our lockers, and most of us, I'm pretty sure, don't bother reading them anyway so I doubt any of them are important.

When Lloyd and I arrive at the city hall, where the event is taking place, we're offered refreshments. I declined but Lloyd took a fresh bottle of water just to keep him hydrated throughout the day, often offering it to me too. A very nice old lady, I forgot her name, showed us to the food stand where we'd be staying to help the old people fill their plates with rubbish.

Most of the people here are lovely, but there's a few rude and impatient ones. I know the elderly have a tendency to be impatient but I didn't think they'd be this bad. I'm trying my best to keep cool and Lloyd's doing a pretty good job at it too.

"Random question," the green ninja turns to me after serving a lady their plate of scones.

"Shoot."

"What do you think of pineapple on pizza?" he asks, leaning on the table in front of him.

I sigh, "I get asked this question so often but my opinions change so much. It's like a 'do you prefer dogs or cats' kinda question. It all depends on my mood."

"So you'd eat it?"

"I wouldn't go out of my way to choose it but I'd eat it if I had to," I shrug, "it's not too bad."

"Criminal."

"What?"

He shakes his head, "pineapple is a fruit. How can you put fruit on a pizza?"

"Do you like sweetcorn on pizza?" I question.

"Of course," he nods, "goes good with a barbeque base sauce."