Reunion

Y/N'S POV
There's a strange person standing behind me and holding my hand. I looked stunned because...

I have no idea who this is.

I don't even know how to react but the person, still holding my hand, starts walking back the way we came from. He wears the black uniform, long soft pink hair that is swept behind his ears. His eyes were beautiful, eyelashes long and his irises a radiant blue. He also wore a black mask that covered his mouth.

I let him drag me out but soon come back to reality and attempt to break free. This is almost useless as he's much stronger, but he did let go and turn to me.

He pulled down his mask and now I'm even more overwhelmed than I was before.

He has two scars on either side of his mouth.

"Haru...?"

He nods and takes my hand again, we walk till the shrine is way out sight and the he stops. Now he takes his mask off and puts it away then looks at me.

"Listen y/n, I'm doing this for your own good."

"What do you mean?"

"We're part of a gang. It too dangerous for you to be around me."

"Haru, is this why I haven't seen you?" He nods.

"But Haru, I can take care of myself! I've been wanting to see you for so long!"

"Y/n! You can't be around me because... I failed to protect you!"

I'm taken aback with a look of sorrow. Has he been holding onto that guilt all this time?

"Haru... you can't blame yourself for that, it's not your fault. We were just kids." I express sadly. Haru doesn't respond.

"Can we... stay together. Only for tonight..." I almost whisper while looking down with a pout. Haru can't resist me when I give him this look.

"Fine fine. But y/n I mean it. For you safety we can't see each other." I don't say anything to that as I don't want to agree to his terms.

As per my request, we'll hang out a cafe but first Haru wants to change. I told him his uniform was fine but he got all whiny so now we've just entered his house.

"You have your own house?"

"Yeah, it's more convenient."

"Oh right! How are Senju and Takeomi? Senju was so small and cute when I saw her last~"

"...They're good... yeah they're doing well."

"Good to hear!" And with that Haru disappears into his room to get changed.

He finishes rather quickly and at very fast pace walks out his house with me dawdling behind.

The cafe I wanted to go to was still open and only has a few customers so we got our order placed quickly and then sat down together. Considering that we haven't talked in a long time, this was pretty awkward.

"So... what have you been up to? Made any new friends?"

"I still have Baji and Mikey and there's also Mucho... he buys me cheesecake."

"I thought you didn't like cheesecake?"

"Not the ones from cozy corner."

"We should go sometime!" I exclaim hoping Haru doesn't catch onto what I'm doing. He looks at me for a few seconds.

"Y/n... you know what I said." He caught on.

"Haru! I mean what I say too! I can take care of myself, if I get hurt that's on me not you!" I almost yell. Even when we were younger Haru was stubborn.

"It doesn't matter what you say. If you get hurt I won't forgive myself. I still haven't." So it is true, he still feels guilty about that thing.

Our drinks arrive and we drink in silence before Haru gets up.

"I'm not doing this because I hate you, it's the opposite. I care too much about you." He leaves while I stare at him from my seat.

I twirl the straw of my drink sadly and stay sitting.