Father

Y/N'S POV

"I need to see my son."

"Your son? The one you gave up?"

"Don't talk to your fath-"

"Stop! I don't think of you as my father, you didn't even come to see me."

I couldn't believe he came back and even worse he still didn't care about me, my own father. I don't want him to be anywhere near Kenji, things were just getting better for him so for this guy to come waltzing back and ruin everything would be unforgivable.

"Tell me 'father', what's his name? What's your precious son's name? Can you, at the very least, answer that?"

"Well... I..."

"What I thought. You won't see him so leave."

I walk past my dad, enter the house and slam the door shut. I can't walk another step. I feel so pathetic.

Why?

Why after all these years, after all he's done do I still wish for his affection?

I look up to stop the tears. From my peripheral vision I can see Kenji and Haru appear. I'm so focused in my thoughts that I can't hear what they're saying but Haru turns back and Kenji walks up to me.

"Y/n... was that... him?"

I nod. I know if I said anything I would completely break in front of Kenji, as his big sister I have to be strong and be able to support him. I keep looking up. Kenji can't see how I weak I am, I won't allow it.

"Y/n, you know you can cry? Crying isn't a bad thing. It doesn't make you weak."

I look down to Kenji and can feel the wetness in my eyes build up as they spill out and splat on the floor. Kenji hugs me.

"You're the strongest person I know. No matter what you always think of others first. You've been suffering in silence because of me so I'll help you as best as I can now. Please cry everything it out, yell if you must but know pushing your feelings deep away will make them worse."

Pushing your feelings away make them worse

Of course! That's what I told Haru! How pitiful of me, I can't even practice what I preach.

I cry onto Kenji's shoulder who pats my back to comfort me.

"He left me- he left us so why do I want him to acknowledge me? I'm sorry... does that make me pathetic? To want the approval of someone who will never give it to me, someone who probably forgot about my existence."

"It's only natural you'd feel that way. He was our 'father', not a good one, but still our 'father' and he left you without a word. Please remember you were a child then, you didn't know any better, you thought it was your fault he left right?"

Kenji's words surprised me. Not only by how accurate they were but how mature he sounded. When did my baby brother grow up? I guess he was forced to from our situation.

"He didn't leave because of you, he left because of me. You did nothing wrong."

I back away shocked at what Kenji said. As far as I know he shouldn't know about that.

"It's okay I know, and if it's fine with you I have something to say to him."

I was hesitant to agree to what Kenji wanted as this could either make him feel worse or give him closure and I don't want to risk him getting hurt. I trust him, though, and I trust he knows what's best so I agree. We both open the front door and look out.

He was walking away down the street. I look to Kenji and nod. He ran out the house and called for him which catches his attention.

KENJI'S POV

"Hey! wait up!"

"Hmm?" He turned his head around to face me.

"I'm your son." I think explain while catching my breath.

"Oh wow I'm glad you came to see me. It's good that you ignored your sister. She doesn't know what she's talking about."

I cringe at his words and want to punch him so badly for what he's saying about y/n but I don't for her sake.

"That's not why I'm here. I have something else to say."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Excuse my language but fuck you. My family is my mother and my sister, there's no room for you so don't you dare show your face again."

"How has your mother brought you up?! Such a disrespectful child!"

"My mother raised me fine and it was no thanks to you. I'm leaving now."

"Hold on-"

"I said I'm leaving." I turn around and leave him standing there in shock.

There was no way I was accepting him back into my life and saying that to his face was so satisfying. I walk back into our house and smile at y/n to confirm that everything went well. I also told her what I said to him.

"You said that?!" 

I nod with pride.

"My baby brother is cool!~"

"Hey! I'm not a baby!"

She laughs and I do too as I was just happy she was smiling again. Her face turns a little more serious but she's still smiling at me.

"Kenji I want to be on my own for a bit so I'm heading out. Haru will probably be leaving too."

"Not yet, I need to talk to him about something."

"Well you guys can do that!"

Y/N'S POV
I'm glad Kenji said what needed to be said, though maybe the language was a bit too much. The guy deserved it so I'll let Kenji off this time.

I walk to the park and sit on a bench. It's empty. Not even kids playing or people taking their dogs on a walk. It's kind of chilly and maybe even eerie but I ignore it.

A boy appears in my peripheral vision. A boy known as Sano Manjiro or Mikey. He sits down on the same bench, leaving a gap in between us.

"Oh, hey Mikey. You remember me?"

"Yes I do now. You're the girl Sanzu... never mind but I'm glad I'm seeing you because I have something I need to ask you."

"Hmm? What is it?"