Hair Dye

Y/N'S POV
"Let's start!" I exclaim while wrapping a towel around Haru.

"Hold on wait, you should sit down. Your foot hasn't recovered yet and we've just been out walking a lot." Haru stops me.

He's right. My foot was starting to ache quite a lot from walking and if I had to stand for this as well it'll get worse. It does feel a bit ironic though as Haru's saying that with his face still covered with the remnants of Mikey's punches.

"But there's no where else to sit? I can't sit on the stool with you on the floor either since it's too tall." I explain all the available options.

"Sit on my lap."

"What?"

"If you sit on my lap then you can at least do the front part of my hair without having to stand up." Haru nonchalantly explains another possible option that I don't think most people would think of.

I sigh and can tell that my face must be really red from the warm feeling in my cheeks. It's not like sitting on his lap would be that much of a problem, it's just an unusual solution and not one you would expect from the normally reserved Haru.

Holding the box dye, I place myself on one of his thighs and then unfold my legs and stretch them out onto his other thigh. Haru supports me with a hand on my arm that's furthest from him and the other hand around where my knees are. I open the box and pour the bright contents in the small plastic pot that came with it. Using the brush, I mix it up till it looks good and put the pot down on my legs. I pull a small section from Haru's hair that's from the other side of his face, far away from mine as to not get the dye on me. Taking the brush, I apply a fairly large amount of the pink dye and cover the whole section in it. While carrying this process on, I gradually feel calmer and calmer till I find myself talking to Haru without even thinking about what I'm saying. I ask him about something that's been bugging me but I was too shy before to bring it up.

"You called me your girlfriend earlier, did you- like... mean it?"

Haru's cheeks tint red lightly as he hesitates to explain himself.

"W-well we love each other so wouldn't it be appropriate to be girlfriend and boyfriend?"

"I guess so yeah it would. So... that means we're dating now?"

"If that's what you would like to call it but honestly I don't think our relationship needs labels. All anyone else needs to know is that we're in love."

"You're right." I smile and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

In response, Haru pulls me in closer by wrapping both arms around me.

"Wait, Haru! The dye will get on-"

I can't even finish my sentence before Haru rubs his half-coloured hair into me which gets the dye on my top, face and arm.

"Haru!!" I yell which just makes him laugh.

"Don't worry I'll get you new clothes!"

I pout at the mess he made but carry on slathering hair dye and fully covering the front of his hair. Once I've done all that I can reach from Haru's lap I stand up and walk behind. I put the plastic pot on the counter and start dying the back of his hair.

"Y/n what will we do about your father though?" Haru suddenly asks. "It's not something we can just ignore. He's still adamant on taking back your family, right?"

"Yes that's right." I reply and take a sigh. "Haru he really did know that my mom was meant to go out today. I don't know how he did that but he has to be dealt with."

"We can call the polic-"

"No. That won't do. My father's always been able to get out of trouble with the law. I was young then but I remember times when the police would knock on our door and da- he would be gone for a few days but he'd always return." I faintly recall.

I was young and naive then. I didn't know who the men in blue shirts were and I didn't know what my father had to do with them. As a child you'd always want to think the best of your dad, no matter how he seemed, but now it's clear to me that he was, and probably still is, involved in very shady businesses. But why would he want to get mom and Kenji involved in that? Why does he want Kenji back? It can't be as simple as he just wants a son, there must be more to it.

"Y/n?"

Snapped back to reality I make a hum sound to Haru.

"I'll help you and your family. I won't let him interfere, okay? Don't carry that burden by yourself."

"We'll stop him together." I smile. "Oh and your hair's done, we just need to leave it in for a bit."

"Thanks, you can sit on the stool now."

"I think I'd rather sit on your lap, it's more comfortable."

Haru's taken aback by the sudden bold statement but he doesn't resist and moves his arms to allow me to sit back on his lap. I go back to a similar position as before and rest my head on Haru's chest.

"Don't do anything rash about your father, 'kay?"

"I swear I won't."

Not unless he does something first.