The Past

HARU'S POV

"Hey~" I whisper to y/n. "Wake up, we should go now."

Her eyelids twitch and then slowly open.

"Okay." She quietly whispers while nodding.

I help her up and sit her down on my motorbike. She still seems a bit dazed so I pack the blanket and bedsheet away in her bag.

"Here, let me help with your shoes."

Y/n's eyes are barely open and she still seems up in her head so i thought I should help with her shoes. I carefully put each shoe on and tie the laces before passing her bag to her which she slings over her shoulders. I sit in front of her on the bike.

"Hold on tightly. I don't want you falling off."

With that I start up the motorbike and we leave back to my place.

*at my home*

Y/n's finally more responsive and doesn't seem as tired as before. We sit together in my living room in a silence that I can't tell if it's awkward or not.

"Hey y/n." I sigh.

"Yes Haru?"

"Do you forgive me?"

Y/N'S POV

I hesitate for a second before answering Haru's unexpected question.

"Of course I do."

"Please, tell me the truth."

"Why do you think I'm lying?"

"It's just- I know I wouldn't forgive me if I were you so I don't understand why you do."

"Haru... I- I do forgive you..." I reply while rubbing my arms.

"Y/n-"

"What else do you want me to say! Haru, I resented you when I woke up after that day!"

He quickly turns to face me.

"You said you wouldn't leave me so why did you leave me! You didn't visit me once!" I take a deep breathe to stop myself from crying so I could get everything out. "Do you know how heartbroken I was when every single day I was asking my mom where you were and all she could say was 'he'll come soon' ?! I don't blame you for what happened that day but I do feel so hurt that you didn't even bother to see me!"

Haru comes closer to me, in my emotional state my first reaction would be to swat him away but I don't.

"Y/n I am so sorry. I admit it, I was a dumb, stupid little boy. I thought you wouldn't want to see me, I hurt you real badly so it made sense to me that you wouldn't want to see my face. If I could relive those days again I would run after you without hesitating, without any fear. That fear of judgement was so incredibly selfish." He hits himself on his foreheard "I'm truly sorry for what I did, it's okay if you don't forgive me."

"You idiot... how could you not tell that what I needed most was you..."

"Y/n I won't leave you like that again because- because I... care a lot about you!"

"I do too. Believe me Haru I do forgive you for that day and if you promise to never leave me like that again then I can forgive you for what happened after."

"I will."

He sticks his pinkie out like before and I lock mine with this. We stay like that, pinkies holding onto each other, staring into the other's eyes and unexpectedly we both came closer to each other until-

"OWWW!"

We both instantly back away as our foreheads had collided with each other.

"That hurt!"

"It hurt me too!"

"What do you want me to do? Kiss it better?~"

"Not if I do it first!"

I jump at Haru and start tickling him instead and he tries to get back at me with not much success. The tickle fight broke that awkward feeling I had before and turned the conversation more lighthearted.

"You caught me off guard! That's not fair!"

I laugh at Haru while he admits defeat before i catch him staring at my cheek, or rather the scar on my cheek. He brings his hand up and caresses it with a serious face. He then smiles.

"Heh, we match!"

"I guess we do!" I laugh while covering my face with the back of my hand so he doesn't see my blush.

I yawn pretty loudly which makes Haru giggle.

"I guess you're still tired, you can sleep on my bed."

"You only have one bed so where will you sleep?"

"I'll find somewhere like this couch or something."

"Umm... Haru you know... we could... maybe share your bed!" I struggled to say it because of how it would sound.

"Are you sure? Wouldn't that be a bit intrusive of me?"

"No it's fine. Remember we used to fall asleep on the big couch in my house together?... And also just now at the hill."

"What happened earlier was different! I was in my feels and the couch thing was when we were children so are you completely sure about now?"

"I am and I don't want you sleeping just anywhere!"

"Well if you're really that insistent then fine! I swear I won't touch you, I won't go near you-"

"Haru there's limited space on the bed, if you touch me it's really not that big of a deal. Now let's get changed. I'll go change in the bathroom but can I borrow some clothes from you?"

"Sure, my clothes would be too big for you but I think borrowing one of tops would be fine."

"Yes thank you, I can keep the same bottoms on then."

Haru gets up to go to his wardrobe where he picks out one of his t shirts and hands it to me. I go into the bathroom to get changed and Haru stays where we were to get changed as well.

Once ready we both head to the bed. Haru was rambling on about putting a pillow in between us so he wouldn't touch me which made me laugh. It's cute how much he cares about my comfort. I move the pillow away and explain once more that it really didn't matter and if anything I wanted him to hold me which makes him flustered. When we were outside and Haru was holding onto me I'd never felt so at peace and was actually able to sleep easily.

We lay down together and I hug Haru and he accepts just like before.

"Don't think too much about the past Haru. I forgive you."

I can already feel myself falling asleep but I wanted him to let go of his worries.

"Thank you y/n."

That was the last thing I heard before I fell properly asleep in Haru's chest.

HARU'S POV

"I love you..."