Stay Away

Y/N'S POV
I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn at the sudden feeling.

"Found you."

How? How did he do that? How did he manage to sneak by Mucho and Baji?

"Stay away from me." I shakily attempt to yell.

I try to disguise my fear but it can't help but seep through with my shocked expression. When have I ever been this terrified of him?

"I was wondering when you'd show up. Now where are your mother and brother?" He asks while putting his hands on my shoulders.

He really knew about that?! How did he know?!

He's holding me by both shoulders. As a passerby his grip may seem quite normal but in reality it's so strong that my shoulders feel as though they'd be crushed with a minute longer. His subtle shakes don't help ease me at all and combined with that pitch black suit he always wears, I feel like I'm about to pass out.

Mucho and Baji each grab an arm of his and pull him off of me.

"Relax man, leave her alone!" Baji yells at him.

He doesn't change in stance or expression at all. He just makes a sound of annoyance and brushes them off.

"Where are they? Tell me y/n." He commands.

I definitely should've listened to Haru and gone home. An overwhelming aura surrounds him. It has my legs trembling so much I can barely stand, even Mucho and Baji are hesitant on what they should do. He seems completely different from the last time I saw him.

In that moment of hopelessness, a figure with familiar blonde hair slips past and stands in front of my father.

"What business do you have with y/n?" Haru very calmly asks.

"Young man, I'm asking you to stay out of my way. She's my daughter so there shouldn't be a problem."

Daughter? Have I ever been his daughter?

Haru glances to me, his neutral expression softens as he approaches me. He places a hand on my shoulder out of worry but immediately retracts it when he notices the handprints left on them and how red they are. Upon seeing that he spins around and faces my father head on.

"How dare you. How dare you touch my girlfriend?!" Haru yells loudly while grabbing my father's collar with one hand.

Surely Haru feels it. That frightening presence emanating from my father. He must feel it but even so he doesn't seem scared.

"Her boyfriend huh? Like I said before she's my daugh-"

"That doesn't give you the right to touch her like that!" He screams angrily.

Haru uses his other hand to grab the shirt collar as well and pushes forward against him which almost knocks him over. Baji and Mucho try to stop Haru, telling him it's not worth it and to just get out as quickly as possible but he doesn't listen.

After gaining his balance again, my father places a hand on Haru's arm and glares into his eyes.

"I see."

Haru steps back, a little shaken, and turns to me.

"Let's go guys." He sighs with anger that he tries to suppress.

The four of us walk to the bus stop with a quick pace. I look behind me and he's still there, staring. It scares me so I continue looking forward.

Was this really the same father who's affection I've always longed for?

Once seated in the bus I take a huge sigh of relief. It feels like all that fear I felt escaped with the breathe I took. It's really exhausting so I lean into Haru's shoulder. My eyes also feel a bit dry from lack of blinking out of shock so I close them. Haru pats my head and pulls me in closer with his hand.

"It's okay. Everything's okay. We're almost home." He whispers.

I respond with a hum and feel myself relax from his comforting words.

When we reach the our stop we say goodbye to Baji and Mucho and head back to my place. When we enter through the front door my mom greets us with a warm smile. Me and Haru both look at each other without a clue on how to tell her about who we just saw.

"Is there something wrong?" She questions our uneasy looks to each other.

There's a moment of silence as we both hesitate and stutter, trying to convey at least some reassurance to my mom that we're fine. Her eyes falter between the two of us before she smiles again.

"Don't worry I know."

"You... do?" Both me and Haru say at the same time in disbelief.

"That you're dating? Who wouldn't be able to tell that?" My mom laughs.

Not quite what we were thinking about.

I explain to my mom that we bought hair dye for Haru and plan to dye it pink. She agrees to let us use the bathroom in our house but to not make a mess. Haru takes the lead as he knows my house very well but my mom stops me. She holds my hand with both of her's and smiles again. Maybe it was just me but there was a sadness to her smile.

"Please be happy y/n." She almost... pleads?

"Of course I will." I smile back to her widely before she lets go of me and I follow Haru who was already sitting on a stool he pulled out.

He looks so cute that I can't help but giggle at him. Any discomfort I was feeling before dissipated at the sight of him.

"What are you laughing about?" Haru pouts grumpily with his cheeks a light pink.

"You're so cute~" I coo at him which prompts his cheeks to blush even deeper and he looks away with embarrassment.

I suddenly lean down and hug him tightly with a sigh.

"Thank you Haru. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't show up." I almost whisper while squeezing him.

"Try not to think about that. Just relax." Haru responds and reciprocates my embrace.

"Then let's begin with dying your hair!" I laugh and nuzzle further into him.

"You better not ruin it."

"I won't, even though I don't know how to dye hair at all!"

"Wait, what-"