Mikey's Request

Y/N'S POV

"I have something I need to ask of you."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"You know our gang, Toman?"

"Yeah."

"I'm disbanding it." He calmly explains while looking down at the ground with his hands in his pockets.

While Haru worked hard not to get me involved in Toman, I still know that the gang is important to him and how crushed he would be hearing of its disbandment.

"What? Wouldn't Haru and others be upset about that?"

"Most definitely, but with the others I know they would be able to move on and pursue their own goals. Sanzu on the other hand... he wouldn't accept it and would try to follow me. I can see something dark in him, the same thing in me, but I believe he can be saved. So could you do something for me y/n? Please free Sanzu and help him move on."

Mikey also knew about Haru's struggles but without even being told about it. The way he's phrasing it makes it seem like he's going through a similar situation which does make me feel a bit worried even though I don't really know Mikey that well.

"I would help Haru in anyway that I can but what about you?"

"Don't worry about me. There's nothing that can be done and I've accepted that. I'm prepared to walk the path I'm headed but I fear Sanzu would lose his mind if he did the same."

Mikey's almost ominous words paired with the setting we were in sent chills down my spine.

"I'll do it but are you really sure about your decision?"

He doesn't say anything he just looks at me and smiles with his eyes closed and tears streaming down his face.

"He can be a weirdo at times but he's a good kid. Take care of Haruchiyo, okay?"

He gets up and walks away. I'm now on my own again with Mikey's words to ponder over. How can I help Haru? That's the big question. I'll try talking to him but I probably shouldn't tell him about Toman as I don't know how he'll react and I'm sure Mikey would want to tell everyone himself.

I feel a lot of pressure about what to do but for Haru I'd do all that I can.