That Day

HARU'S POV

"Come on y/n, it'll be so fun!"

"I don't know Haru... it could be dangerous..."

"Mikey and the others have been there already and they're fine, plus I'll be there to protect you. I promise."

"Okay... but only for a few minutes and you can't leave me alone!"

"I would never leave you!"

Mikey and Baji went to this abandoned construction site a few days ago, I couldn't come because I was looking after Senju but the way they described it sounded awesome so of course I wanted to go too. They refused to come with me this time, said it was only fun going there once, so I want y/n to come with me.

Her answer made me question wether I should've just dropped the topic and gone on my own and honestly I should have...

*at the construction site*

Y/n was very hesitant to step foot in there so I stuck my hand out to her.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you!" I confidently exclaim with a wide smile. I don't usually smile like this because of the wounds on my face but I hope it makes y/n more comfortable.

She accepts my hand and we adventure through the place together.

"Take deep breathes y/n, you'll be fine. If you really don't want to go then we can go back."

"No! I'll be fine!" Y/n retorts and then copies the deep breathes I was demonstrating to her.

Not gonna lie Mikey and Baji were definitely exaggerating when they said this would be fun because this just seems like a regular construction site, only with no one there.

Creak.

Y/n jumps and grabs my whole arm.

"It's okay~ it was just the old crane left here, don't be scared." I try to comfort her with my words while stroking her head.

"Let's go back y/n. There's really nothing interesting here, I'm sorry for forcing you to go."

Y/n breathes in a sigh of relief.

"It's okay, as long as we're going back!"

"Of cour-"

CCCCCCREAKKK.

Suddenly the crane standing tall near us collapsed and fell in our direction.

"HARU! LOOK OUT!"

Y/n pushed me away and the crane fell in between us, creating a huge cloud of dust and scattering tools left on the floor. Then I heard a sound I would never forget. It still haunts me, y/n's shrill scream echoing throughout the area.

"Y/N! Y/N ANSWER ME!"

I desperately try to find her but everything's gone quiet and I can't see a thing. In frustration I scramble around the crane and run to be by her side.

As the dust started to settle, I could vaguely see her figure sitting down and holding onto her face.

"Y/N! ARE YOU OKAY?!"

I ran to her and held her in my arms.

"Haru... it hurts..."

The dust had all settled and now I could clearly see her. She slowly moved her hand and my body started shaking uncontrollably.

Blood.

Half her face was covered in blood.

"Y/N! Stay with me, you'll be okay!"

Her eyes held little life in them and she soon fainted in my arms.

"OI YOU KIDS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE IT'S DANGEROUS!"

I could hear distant yelling, then a figure of a middle aged man appeared.

"PLEASE HELP HER!"

He examined y/n's body and saw her injuries. He was shocked but then immediately picked her up.

"I'll take her to the hospital. Jesus, that looks like a nasty cut."

He quickly left to take her to the hospital.

I should've gone with him, I should've been with her, I should've helped her, I should've apologised to her. But instead I stayed sitting there, as if she were still in my arms.