Enough

Y/N'S POV
I wash Haru's hair out and dry it and then also clean myself of the dye that he got on me. After doing all that, we leave to show my mom. His pink hair's filled with volume and flows past his shoulders as he walks. Most people, me included, feel envious of Haru's healthy and silky hair. It's a shame he never really styles it much.

"Oh how pretty~" she compliments. "It suits you well Haruchiyo!"

"Thank you Ms." Haru smiles while combing his now pink hair with his hands.

Knock.

Who could that be?

Mom seems confused suggesting we're not expecting anyone and it's not Kenji since he would just barge in. I head to the front door knowing full well who will be there and open it.

Just as I thought.

"Why have you come back?" I coldly ask my father.

"I'm not done here and-"

He pauses as he looks up to see my mom and Haru. My mom looks shocked and terrified while Haru's trying to support her. He closes the door and walks closer in, past me.

"Please leave the children alone! You promised that!" My mom yells.

"Aiko this will help them! Think about what we went through, they won't have to go through that!" He yells at my mom.

"Stop! Don't yell at my mom like that! And what do you mean by help?!" I interfere in between them.

"Apologises, you're right, I shouldn't yell."

"What's going on mom? Is there something I'm missing?" I walk to her and hold her hands in mine.

She's struggling to stand out of pure shock so I nod to Haru and we both support her and sit her down on the living room couch. My father stands by the doorway of the room.

"Y/n..." my mom starts. "Me and Hiroto, when we were younger we got married. We were happy and in love but we didn't have much money. We were barely getting by and then I found out I was pregnant. After giving birth, Hiroto was tired of living the way we were so he got involved in shady gangs and organisations to get more money. He was always away and could never spend time with you or me. When he did come home, he would be cold and locked himself away. It hurt so much seeing the man I loved so dearly turn into that but it also made me fear for what this could escalate to. I got pregnant again with, what we thought was, a girl which made things worse between us. At that point I thought something would happen to us so I made a deal with Hiroto. If he left the three of us alone I would do or tell him anything he asked for. So far he never contacted us but then I heard about him visiting Kenji and..."

Mom seems exhausted so I gently pat her on the back and stand up to face my father. He's standing there in silence, listening to everything with a sullen expression.

"So why did you come back?"

"I want Kenji to inherit my position in our organisation. We need a strong man to take over."

"Are you out of your mind?!? He's only a boy, do you know how dangerous that is for him?! Who knows what could happen!!"

"That's why I'll teach him. If he follows what I say then nothing bad will happen and he can make a lot of money. If he makes a lot of money then no one will have to suffer!"

"But is that what he wants?" Haru calmly intervenes.

"W-well... he'll see how good it is."

I move past my dad and motion to the kitchen.

"Let's not have this conversation in front of mom. She's scared enough as it is already." I point out.

My father looks to mom's shaking figure then looks back to me.