The Mall

Y/N'S POV
I walk up to bus stop where me Haru were meant to meet up to go to the mall together, I spot Haru. He looks very grumpy and has two guys standing behind him. One is Baji, his long wavy black hair is tied in a ponytail and he's wearing a normal white shirt with a few buttons undone and black trousers. The other man I recognise as the guy who brought cheesecake for Haru, though his name slips my mind. He appears the same as before. Tall, sleepy looking and wearing all black which makes his dirty blonde hair stand out.

"Hey Haru! Umm..." I trail off as my eyes shift to the two men.

"Don't even ask about them." Haru grumbles.

Almost matching with the cheesecake man, Haru's wearing all black but with long sleeves. The man was wearing short sleeves, even in the chilly weather.

"Well me and Mucho had nothing better to do so we just decided to join Sanzu." Baji grins. "It's been a while y/n!"

"Yeah, it has." I smile back to him.

"Wait, you know about them?" Mucho questions Baji while pointing at me and Haru. He leans in closer to Haru and whispers. "You told him you guys are dating, right? Cuz I swear I kept it a secret from everyone."

Haru doesn't say anything and only glares at Mucho. His glare doesn't seem very threatening, it just looks like he's pouting angrily.

"You actually got a girlfriend, didn't think you had it in ya!" Baji laughs while throwing his arm around Haru's shoulder and using his other hand to ruff up his hair. "You're so tough and serious looking that you scared off all the girls!"

Haru pushes him off with the same glare, which amuses Baji, and walks to me and takes my hand.

"Come on, these idiots aren't coming with us."

Now we're sitting on the bus together with Baji and Mucho behind us.

"I told you guys you weren't coming!"

"We're not going with you, it's just a coincidence that we're going to the same place as you." Baji retorts and looks to Mucho who nods in agreement.

"So y/n, what's Sanzu like?" Mucho asks while Baji hides his giggles with his hand and uses the other to smack Mucho's shoulder.

"He's very sweet!" I reply with a smile and look to Haru who's staring outside the window, pretending to not acknowledge the presence of the guys with us.

"Awwww, I didn't know Sanzu was the sentimental type~" Baji coos. "Isn't that just adorable?~"

"Would you just shut up!" Haru snaps which erupts more laughter from them and does make me giggle a bit. Even at his wits' end Haru never fails to be so cute.

When we step off the bus Mucho and Baji stick close to us as we stroll through the mall.

"Why are you still following us?" Haru coldly asks.

"Actually we just happen to be heading in the same direction as you." This time Mucho retorts. "What? Going on a date? So cute~"

Haru blushes out of annoyance which prompts me to step in.

"Now, now, Haru's a bit shy so you shouldn't tease him like that." I lightly scold them.

"Our bad y/n, we'll lay off of him. For now."

I look over to Haru to see his reaction but something else catches my eye. Someone walking by in the distance.

I panic and hide my face with Haru's arm which catches him by surprise.

"Is everything okay?" He whispers to me. The tone of his voice changes drastically with a more gentle sound to it.

I shake my head vigorously which makes him grab my hand and pull me aside, leaving Baji and Mucho glancing over at each other in confusion.

When in a more empty area, Haru crouches down to me and examines my expression. It seemed as though I had just seen a ghost.

"Y/n what's wrong? What did you see?" Haru worriedly asks me. His voice is still soft as to not panic me more.

"My.. father..." I manage to spit out. I look up and start forming in my eyes at a sudden realisation. "Haru, my mom usually shops today but she went yesterday instead. What if he knew that? I mean how would he know that but -but what if he's..."

Haru pulls me close to him.

"Don't jump to conclusions like that, it'll make you more frightened. Let's just go home."

"Can we still buy the dye?"

It may be stupid to think about something so trivial such as hair dye but I didn't want to ruin our day together and since it's only thing we should be able to get it and leave quickly.

"Some other time, your well-being is more important."

I give him the "sad puppy" face to try and convince him. It doesn't take much for Haru to give in.

"Ugh fine. You stay with Mucho and Baji and I'll get the dye. Then we go straight home."

"What should we do after that? About my dad, should we tell my mo-"

"NO!" Haru cuts in.

I look at him, confused, which makes him clear his throat.

"What I mean is that it would just make her panic too. I'm not saying we shouldn't tell her but that we should plan it through."

"That's true..."

With that we both head back to Mucho and Baji. Haru looks around and spots my dad standing in the distance by a bench near a small clothes store. One that Kenji actually visits often.

"Baji. Mucho."

This catches both of their attention in an instant.

"You see the man in the black suit by that bench. Keep him away from y/n." Haru almost commands, his tone still has that gentleness to it.

Both of them see my almost distressed face and nod to Haru.

"It's like when we were in Toman." Mucho smiles. "Though it's weird getting order from you."

Haru looks around and then heads off to the store to buy the pink hair dye. The three of us start walking outside of the mall so we can avoid that man.

"Don't worry y/n, we'll protect you. We were division captains in Toman you know." Baji reassuringly smiles to me to calm my uneasiness. "We wouldn't hear the end of it from Sanzu if we let something happen to his girlfriend."

I feel better once we step outside and Baji suddenly calling me that momentarily shifts my mind's focus to the topic.

"Actually, me and Haru aren't dating."

Baji and Mucho freeze with blank expressions.

"You're... not?!" Mucho asks with complete shock in his voice. "But I- that- what?! Are you really sure you guys aren't dating?"

My face blushes a light red as I try to speak.

"Well... I do like Haru but we haven't talked about dating yet." I sigh.

The two of them notice my disappointment.

"That's so like Sanzu. Can never properly talk about feelings, at least to us." Mucho jokes. "I'm sure he's different with you."

I was about to say something back when I feel something on my shoulder. A hand.

"Found you."