Deep Conversation

Y/N'S POV
Ever since Haru left me at the cafe I've just been moping around at home.

"Y/n dear, what wrong? You seem so down in the dumps." My mother questioned while washing the dishes. I was having breakfast and staring outside the window. I push my plate away and decide I can't have anymore.

"Nothing. I'm just fine." I sigh before cleaning up the table and putting my plate away. "I'm going out with my friends tonight."

"Have fun! Hopefully that'll cheer you up! Where you guys going?"

"Oh like just walking around here, I haven't seen them in a while so we're catching up." I lie. My friends have been begging me to drink with them and until now I refused. I've been in such a bad mood and hoped some alcohol can help that. The place is a bar in the city that's nearby but not too close, I didn't want to run into someone I might know. I know it's unlikely but I don't want to risk it.

I head out wearing nothing special as it's not like I'm trying to get with anyone there, we're just drinking. I'm hella nervous, this is illegal as I'm underage, but I try my best not to show it.

I spot my friends in front of the bar. If I'm with my friends I'll be less nervous since they're pros at this kind of stuff. I greet them and we enter. I'm behind them and one of my friends, Hana, slows down to talk with me.

"Hey y/n! Ready to get a date?"

"What? No, I'm just here to drink."

"Oh come on~ you've been single for like ever it's time you got a man!"

"I'm not into that."

"Oh sorry, then let's get you a girl?"

"That's not what I mean. I'm just not looking for a partner."

"We'll see about that."

We all sit down together and everyone has already chosen the drinks they want except for me as I don't know anything about alcohol. I get a beer since that's like the only thing I know.

I stare at the beer before bravely taking a sip. I immediately put it down as I feel a burning sensation in my throat. The other giggle and one speaks up, her name is Aoi.

"Hey y/n, don't tell me, is the reason why you're single because you're still hung up about Akashi Haruchiyo~"

Everyone except Hana laughs and I drink all the beer in one gulp at the mention of his name.

"Hey guys, come on that's a bit much." Hana reasons but they don't listen to her.

"Who would still like their elementary school crush?" They laugh again at my expense and I grab another beer and try to shut my ears off but I can't. Their words hurt too deep. The reason why I'm here is to get my mind off him but I can't because of them.

I carry on drinking and they move onto another topic but their words from before haunt my mind.

"Hey I'm going home."

"What~? Gonna cry about Haruchiyo~?"
Another round of laughter.

"No. I'm just going."

"See you later, join us again next time~!"

"Yeah. Okay."

I exit but feel dizzy from the alcohol in my bloodstream. It's cold and I stupidly didn't wear enough layers so I'm shivering while standing outside. I decide not to walk off anywhere because of my weakness right now and just stay on the empty pavement in front of the pub. It'd be really awkward if my friends walked out now but I know they won't as they usually spend a lot of time in there.