A Week Later

Y/N'S POV
It's been a week.

I sit in silence at my desk and stare at my locked phone, waiting for Haru's call.

Nothing.

I tap at the desk with my finger while leaning on the palm of my other hand.

Still nothing.

Mikey told me he was disbanding Toman today and I assume he would be announcing this in the afternoon as he's not really a morning person. It's already about 17:00, my mind is telling me to wait but my heart is saying I should go now.

When it comes to Haru my heart always does the talking.

I abruptly get up from my chair and head downstairs. Kenji and mom have gone out grocery shopping, they invited me along but today was too important and I had to bail.

I grabbed the keys from the front, as I tied my shoes, so I could lock the door. I slid my coat on and stepped out the house. It was quite cold and it seemed as though it would even snow soon.

I hurry along the pavement while hugging myself from the freezing weather. It was indeed very cold but I can't stop thinking about what Haru's feeling or what he's doing. I just hope he hasn't hurt himself.

As I approach Haru's house the first thing I notice is none of the lights are on. I was thinking of turning around at that sight as that may indicate Haru had gone out but I carried on walking to entrance.

Knock.

No answer.

I knock again.

Still no answer.

The thought of turning back crosses my mind once again but I block them out for Haru's sake and reach for the door handle to push it down.

It's open.

I slowly push against the door with my shoulder. I can't see much as all the lights in the house were actually off. I close the door behind me and turn on the light at the entrance area.

"Hello? Haru? Are you here?" I beckon out as I take my shoes and coat off.

No response.

At this point I was starting to get a bit frustrated from the lack of response but I suppose I can just tell that to his face. Haru usually hangs around his living room rather than his bedroom as he prefers the more open space so that's were I headed to.

Strangely, the door leading to the living room was closed. It's never closed. Haru always leaves the door open. Now my mind was going to the idea that maybe an intruder broke into Haru's house, in which case the best odds for me are to leave and tell the police. Obviously I didn't do that. The intruder could be holding Haru hostage and the thought of his life being in danger scares me too much for me to be able to leave.

I take deep breathes to prepare myself for what I might see and open the door.

The lights are off but one thing I can just make out is the room is not how it's usually organised. I hear a faint rolling sound and look down to see a smashed table lamp rolling to my foot. My breathe hitches.

So there really is an intruder. I look up back into the living room and see the outline of a man sitting on the couch. I should run and get help, that's the best course of action. So why didn't I do that? Instead I called out to the figure like an idiot with my phone in hand ready to call for help.

"Haru? Is that you?" I tried to call out but it just came out as a shaky whisper.

The figure didn't move and continued to stay sitting, unfazed by my presence. Maybe that is Haru? I take a few steps forward and avoid the lamp in front of me. The room is too dark so I couldn't fully see the glass shards scattered in front of me and ended up stepping on them.