Chapter 12

Tina:

I entered my house smiling. My father was sitting on the couch with a gun in his hand, he was in his police uniform. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes, I watch my father wipe his gun. My father was overprotective and becoming a police officer just enhance his paranoia.

"I was worried sick" he yelled. I looked at my mom, "You said I can go to the restaurant with Amy" I said facing my mother. She looked at my dad, "I gave her permission to hang out with Amy for a double date. Although I didn't know that delinquent was her date" she explained.

"Delinquent? you don't know anything about him, you're just listening to what dad said," I told my mother. "I'm a police officer all I know is that he's family police record explains it all," he told me."But, have you ever talked to his father, you can't just judge him-"

"Your father and I think it best if you no longer see that boy again," my mother said. "What about tutoring?" I lied.

My mother looked at my father. "What do you think?" she asked. "I only have to tutor Danny for a couple more days then I'll never see him again" I explained.

My father stood up and walked to me. "I don't like that you're smitten over this boy he's a bad influence on you. But, I believe in keeping your word if you promised this boy you'll tutor him then finish it but when it's over I don't ever want to see you with this misfit, do you understand"

I frowned, I wanted to argue I'm not a kid anymore they can't control who I hang out with. I let out a sigh it's not like Danny and I are going to be friends after all this so fine.

"Yes sir"

"That's all," my father said.

I walked to my room with a frown on my face. I wanted to scream at my father, but he's an adult and I'm just a child I need to mind my tongue. I leaped onto my bed, I turned onto my back and shoved my pillow into my face.

Danny's face ran through my mind at least I got to kiss him one more time. I removed the pillow off my face. Why do I torture myself like this? I frowned wait Danny kissed me back willingly, we weren't even in front of Amy, was there a possible chance that he actually liked me too?

Wait why would he like me when he has Kiki she's literally perfect. Kiki is thin, tall, beautiful and has the best check bones I have ever seen. Why? would he waste time on an average girl like me!

I'm over thinking the situation! I need to go to sleep. I brushed my teeth removed my makeup and put on my pj's. My phone vibrated. I grabbed my phone.

Danny

Hey, we need 2 tlk...

I looked at the message, what does he mean. I read the message over and over.

We....need... to.. talk??

It's probably the kiss did it mean something to him too?

Danny:

September 30, 2012 (Day 20)

I sat in the living room eating a sandwich. Of course, the living room was filled with bras and thongs and bottles of empty champagne. I wish my family would clean this damn house.

I never understood why my mother married my father, was he always like this a damn slob?

Today was the twentieth day since the bet which means eleven more days until the bets over.

Shit. I can't believe it's almost over. I groaned why do I even care it's not like even like Tina that way. I paused and thought about it.

I shook my head, that's impossible were just friends, but if that's true then why I so afraid I to lose Tina. why was I angry that Jake was talking to her all night.

I decided I should just tell her how I feel I mean what's the worst that could happen right?

I reread the text I sent her she still hasn't responded. I shouldn't have sent the text I hope I didn't freak her out. I'm a fucking idiot I can't believe I let this damn bet get to me.

My doorbell ringed. I swallowed shit that must be Tina, I walked over to the door. I hate talking about my feelings but I sent the text so I might as well get over it.

I opened the front door and my smile faded it wasn't Tina. Kiki was at the doorstep.

"Hey!!" Kiki smiled. "Kiki what are you doing here?" I asked. "I just wanted to see you" she smiled. "Oh well now is not a good time," I said blocking her entry, she sucked her teeth. "I know I can't come in," she said annoyed.

"Let's just go and do something" she suggested. " Can't leave, family issues" I lied. She sighed. "Well can you just come out and talk to me for a sec," she said. I came out. "Close the door" she ordered. I closed it.

"Look, I don't know what's going on with you but it's like every time I talk to you its family this and family that! You never tell me anything" she yelled.

"Do I have to tell you everything" I mumbled. "Umm yeah! I'm your girlfriend, or did you forget!" she yelled. "How can I when you consistently nag me" I yelled.

"Oh, your the worst boyfriend ever" she screamed. "Boyfriend?" a female voice said.

Kiki and I both turned to see who it was.

A short dirty blonde-haired girl was standing behind Kiki. I swear I saw her before. I couldn't put my thumb on it.

"Who the hell are you?" Kiki asked. The dirty blonde hair girl placed one hand on her hip. "I could ask you the same question" she snapped.

Kiki sucked her teeth, "Danny who is this" the dirty blonde girl asked. My eyes widen I did know this girl or she, at least, knew me!

I swear I've seen her before. "Danny you know her," Kiki asked. I ignored her I was trying to remember who the dirty blonde was.

"Danny has a girlfriend you need to back off" The dirty blonde yelled. "Are you cheating on me with her" Kiki yelled. "No! Danny dating Tina!" the dirty blonde yelled.

That's when it hit me that's Tina's friend the one who was with us on our triple date. Kim, I think her name was.

"Tina? the girl who's mom is sick" Kiki asked. The dirty blonde girl cocked her head, "What? Tina mom is defiantly not sick and Tina is his girlfriend."

Kiki turned to face me, her face was red she looked like one of those cartoons characters on tv. "I knew you were cheating on me" Kiki screamed.

The dirty blonde yelled and then slapped me. Damn her short ass can hit hard.

"Kim"

Tina was standing behind Kim she was staring at all of us. She squinted her eyes, "what's going on?"

Kiki walked up to Tina and slapped her, "you tramp."

"What the fuck? Kiki" I yelled. "Tina your boyfriend was cheating on you with her" she yelled.

Kiki glared at Tina, "I knew I couldn't' trust her, you lied to me how could you do this to me and with her" Kiki started to cry.

"I'm not lying I'm not dating her" I yelled.

"Tina I thought Danny was your boyfriend," Kim asked.

"He is" Tina replied.

"I don't need this "Kiki cried harder. Kiki faced Tina and yelled. "You can have him" and shoved Tina out of her way and left.

"Kiki wait" I yelled.

"I'm so sorry" Tina mouthed.

I looked at Kim who looked very confused. "What are you waiting for dump him" Kim yelled.

"I can't" Tina yelled.

"Why not," Kim asked.

Tina took in a deep breath and faced me. "I'm sorry I put you through this," she told me and then she faced Kim.

"I can't break up with Danny because I'm not actually dating Danny," Tina said.

"What are you talking about?" Kim asked.

"What are you doing," I asked. "Saving your relationship," Tina frowned.

Kim looked at both of us confused.