Chapter 23

Danny:

I woke up in the hospital bed. Everything was hurting, down to the core.

I saw my father looking over me. "Danny, thank god your okay?" He said.

"What the.. hell... are you doing... here" I said. "Son, you just got hit by a car of course I'm going to come" he said.

I sighed, "so now you.... want to act like a..father" I pointed out.

He sighed and pulled out a chair and sat on it.

It even hurt when I tried to speak, but I took in breathe and took my time when I spoke.

"I know I screwed this up and now I'm trying to fix it" he said.

"Your fixing it for this... women you never wanted to fix it... for me! Your the worst... parent ever you don't even take time to... be there for me" I shouted. "Son I-"

"Don't call me that!" I Interrupted. "Don't think for one moment I would ever consider you to be my father! You don't even deserve the name" He stood quiet.

That's when that lady came in. "Danny, I'm so glad your okay" she smiled.

I just looked at her. I hated her. I hated the fact that she the reason that my dad wants to he a better person.

"Can both of you just leave... I don't... want you here" I yelled. He grabbed her hand and they walked towards the door.

I laid my head down and then thought about my mom.

Tina:

The nurse came over to us and smiled. My heart beat started to speed up. I couldn't take any bad news I just wouldn't allow it.

Kim quickly grabbed Logan's hand."He's going to be fine" she said.

We all sighed in relief. "You can see him if you want" she said.

"I'll wait for you two to come back, I don't think he wants to see me" I said.

Kim grabbed my arm and said " I beg to differ" and walked me to the room.

We walked in and Danny was laying in the hospital bed.

Seeing him with all those cast on. I began to slowly cry.

"Tina?" Danny asked. I slowly walked over to him.

"You.. came?" He smiled. "Of course, I mean, I I..couldn't just" I started to cry.

Too many emotions were going through my brain and I couldn't even put them in words.

"I'm.. sorry" he said. I touched his hand and smiled.

"I never let you explain I just assumed and I decided to ignore you I'm the one who should be apologizing" I said.

I cried harder. "Please, don't cry" Danny said. I nodded my head and wiped my tears.

"I just want you happy....If that means us....just being friends than I'm......okay with that" he said smiling.

I held his hand tighter. But I didn't want to be just friends.

I know I should be happy that he finally decided to let me go and be with Jake.

But I wanted Danny. I know I don't deserve him not after the way I treated him.

"You can't.. I can't " is all I could say.

I took a deep breath and said "You can't be just friends, with someone your in love with."