Hongjoong - Italy ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

A/n: I updated my txt book...pls read it, it's a soobin chapter 🫣 yeonjun tomorrow? My phones at 29% 😀 not proof read, it's 12am

_____________________________________________
┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧
┊┊┊✧ ⁺ ⁺  °
┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °
┊┊.
┊ ➶ 。˚   °
*. * ·

A waiter came and placed your coffee and buttered croissant onto the table you and your cousin were sitting at. You thanked him before he left and turned to your cousin, "What are we doing later? Dress shopping?" You asked her; it was her wedding in two weeks and she had taken you and her on a vacation to Italy. "Yes! But you don't have to wear a dress, you know that, right? We can find you a nice pair of trousers and a nice shirt." She told you, which made your lips turn up into a small smile.

You had always had a close connection to your cousin, she was only three years older than you, and she was one of the first people to show support to you in any situation; may it be crappy theater shows from the 6th grade, taking you out of high school to go eat brunch with her, and even helping you all night long the day before your 4th-grade science fair.

"Well your theme is blue, so I think I have an appropriate outfit. I packed it with me, so when we get back to the hotel I can show you and if you don't think so, we can find a different one, but I think I will need some new shoes." She took a bite of her chicken tortellini and hummed a response, nodding her head. You laughed at her sloppy eating habits that somehow still haven't gone away after her 26 years of living. "Are you dieting or something? Usually, we split a giant meal and disappoint our mothers." She asked you, with slight worry in her voice. "No it's the medicine I'm taking, it decreases my appetite. It sucks, so bad; I miss food." You explained, drinking your warm, bitter coffee. A few weeks ago, you had gotten sick with acid reflux (true story) and had doctors put you on a pill to help with vomiting and vertigo. "I should be off it before the wedding though, I only have five more pills left."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Oh my God, look at that dress!" Isabella shouted, dropping the shoe box back into place, before running towards an a-line, far green, tie-back, dress, that looked like it would go down to her knees.

I sighed and fixed the box so it wouldn't fall, before walking to catch up to her. "Oof!" Before I knew it, I fell on my ass with a stranger that had split-dyed hair landing next to me. "Excuse me, I'm sorry." He said in a soft voice, standing up and stretching his hand out to me. I took it and stood up, the stranger was barely taller than me. "It's fine, no harm done." I shrugged, looking from him to where Isabella disappeared frantically, so he wouldn't notice how I was staring at him. He was a sight. "My name's Hongjoong." He said, his words sounding slightly slurred, like he wasn't an English speaker. "Y/n. You're not from here, are you? English doesn't sound like your first language. I'm from California." I noticed the tips of his ears turn red as he shakes his head, "No I'm from South Korea. Me and my friends are on a trip." My eyes widened and I point at myself, "Hey, me too! I'm here with my cousin before her wedding." We talked for five more minutes before two other guys call his name. "If this isn't weird, can I have your number? I like talking to you." I feel my cheeks go hot but I nod my head and type my number into his phone. "Bye, Y/n." He waves as we walk separate ways.

"Who was the oreo head? He's kind of cute." I hear the teasing tones of Isabella's voice as I walk up to her. "Dont start, you're getting married." I push her hands off my face and laugh at her.

We exit the store with four shopping bags head back to the hotel. Isabella sorts the clothing and shoes into what's hers and what's mine, when I feel my phone vibrate. It was an unknown number, and the text was a simple, hey its hongjoong. I saved his number and typed back a response.

Maybe dress shopping in Italy with my hyperactive cousin wasn't so bad.

"Oh my God, you're smiling as blushing so hard! Are you texting Hongjoong?" Isabella giggled, jumping on my bed with her head peeking over my shoulder.

"Shut up, Isa." I say, though my cheeks hurt from the smile on my face.