Eighteen.

She felt the wind fly out of her lungs. She was finding it very difficult to breathe.

"Nari?"

"Yes. She is." She replied mechanically.

"Do you think she would, go out with me?" He seemed shy. She smiled perfectly.

"Of course! All anyone talks about these days is how hot the new guys are." She laughed, it sounded so fake.

"Do you?" She couldn't look at him. She couldn't do it.

"No not really." She turned away and began to make her way back down the creek.

"Wait! Nari!" He called after her. She heard him stumble around, jumping from rock to rock. She didn't slow her pace. She heard a high-pitched giggle. She stopped. It was a group of girls, they had followed Suga.

"Looks it's your fan club." She whispered delightedly to Suga.

"Huh?" He whispered back.

"Look, Hyunsook is with them. Talk to her. I'll go." She began to move down the creek again.

"Wait!" He called. She shook her head, and raced up to the trail. As soon as she was out of Suga's sight, she ran. She ran as fast and as hard as she could.

She let out a sob as soon as she reached her window. She hadn't thought about it much, but she had really depended on the idea that Suga had feelings for her. After all he nearly kissed her, he showed her his favorite places, he fought over her. She clamped a hand over her mouth. Maybe she was taking it all out of context. He had said she was just an old friend. Maybe that's what she really was, just an old friend. How did he warp her brain so much? How did he manage that? She hated Hyunsook. She had no reason to, she just did. The only reason was that Suga liked her. Her head fell limply against the window. She was so stupid. Why would he like her? She was perfectly ordinary. Hyunsook was beautiful and smart and everything a guy could want. She was none of those things. She put her fist in her mouth to silence her crying. He was so perfect, why would he like someone like her? Hyunsook was perfect for him. He might as well be happy. She took a deep breath and stood. She walked into the bathroom and washed her face. She wasn't going to cry anymore. She was going to smile, and get over it. He was just some silly, middle school crush.

She would put on a face. It was the only thing left to do.

-------------------

(A/N)

Happy Birthday bacon_swims ily update ur wattpad 4 me hoeface