Twenty-Three.

Her heart was racing in her throat. The blood roared in her ears. Suga cupped her face in his hands gently. He pulled away after a few moments, that felt like hours.

"Okay?" He murmured. She let out the breath she had been holding. She nodded slightly. Kissing him felt so nice. So relaxing. So calm. She closed her eyes and smiled slightly. He kissed her quickly one more time. He pulled away slowly, she felt him smile against her lips. She frowned, and pulled him back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him happily. He smiled broadly against her lips, again. She giggled and pulled away. He rested his hands on her waist and kissed her nose. She kept her eyes closed. They swayed in the water for a long time before he pulled away.

"Cmon." He murmured. "My feet are freezing." She laughed and nodded. She grabbed her shoes. He took her hand and led her down a different path, a smooth, pale, cement one. They walked until the reached the giant mansion.

"What are we doing here?" She asked, looking up at the scale of the giant home. He didn't say anything. He led her along to the spacious front porch. "We aren't going in are we? You don't live here!" She tugged his hand. He looked back at her, a mixture of shame and embarrassment in his beautiful kind eyes.

"Actually, I do live here." He chuckled nervously. He led her into the spacious house. She gawked at the majesty of it all. It was really something out of a dream. It was like the mysterious house in The Great Gatsby.

"What about our feet?" She asked.

"Oh, the maid will get it." He waved her onward.

"Are you serious?" Her jaw dropped.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He looked at her puzzled. She shrugged to reassure him. He led her through the many halls of the house, and she gazed at it in wonder. It was beautiful. It was all wood or stone, and the wood was lavishly decorated with carvings and slathered in shiny polish. The furniture was wondrous and looked as if you could sink right into it and never be found again. He led her into the bathroom. He handed her a towel and sat down on the toilet. She sat down on the counter and washed her feet in the sink. She dried them off and looked back at Suga. He was watching her. He had already finished cleaning his feet, even without water.

"What?" She asked. He stood and picked her up.

"You're funny." He kissed her forehead. She giggled and didn't object. "Why?" She asked.

"One minute you're crying, the next you're giggling smiling." He set her down. She shrugged.

"You do that to me. I don't get it either." He smiled and pressed her against the counter.

"I'm sorry, about everything. I was being stupid. I didn't know that-" she cut him off.

"It's fine." She breathed. She kissed him again, and she didn't stop.

Where, exactly, was she getting this confidence from?