Thirty-One

Suga took her hand and walked her all the way home.

"So you're walking me home now?" She smiled.

"Why not?" He asked. She shrugged.

"I don't mind." He laughed and kissed her forehead. She opened her door.

"Are you gonna walk me home tomorrow?" She giggled. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll tell my mom we're working on a project, and maybe we can hang out tomorrow?" She smiled girlishly.

"It's a date." He kissed her softly. She pushed him off playfully.

"My mom's home! Get out!" She waved goodbye. He smiled and stumbled away. He waved and ran off. She closed the door, bubbles of happiness rising in her heart.

She grabbed Suga after school.

"Let's go!" She pulled him along happily. He stopped abruptly.

"What is it?" She looked back at him. He scratched his head, half nervous, half guilty.

"Actually I can't, something came up. Maybe some other time." He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Oh." She murmured discontentedly. He grabbed her hands.

"Im so sorry. I promise, I'll make it up to you." He kissed her quickly. She shook her head.

"It's okay." He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I love you." She nodded.

"I love you too." He smiled and kissed her forehead again. She waved goodbye glumly, and watched him run off. He ran over to Jungkook and V. Both were staring at her darkly. She started before turning and putting her hair over her face to block them out. She walked home quickly, shut the door, and locked it.

What was their problem?