Chapter Twenty-Three

2 days later, August 18th, 1997

It's been 2 days since the sudden death of Roxanne Gardens and Michael Lewis. Frank was having lunch alongside with his sister and mother. His father was in work so he is gonna come back at dinner. Karen was making a carrot salad, while Frank and Charla were eating chicken soup. Charla puts her spoon down and begins to speak:
- So, Frank. I just heard about the teens from your school that died in an explosion.
Frank put his spoon and turns his head to his sister.
- I already know about that since yesterday, sis. - said Frank in cranky voice.
- Okay, i was just telling you. - responded Charla.

Frank continues to eat his soup while Charla served her bowl to the sink for Karen to wash. Charla goes to her room and closes her door. Frank stays at the table to finish his soup. Karen puts the carrot salad on the table and starts cleaning the dishes, while Frank eats the carrot salad.

At Gale's house, Chris was scratching Gale's hair softly. Gale was snuggling with Chris, her hands touching his big hips. Gale looks at Chris with a worried look on his face. Chris kisses her head and hugs her.
- Chris, what are we gonna do? We are gonna get arrested by the police alongside with Jocelyn? - Gale muffles on Chris' shoulder.
- Don't worry babe! You, Frank and Jocelyn are gonna do this. You have come so far! You can't give up! - said Chris.
Gale looks at Chris' face and kisses him on the cheek. Gale tells Chris that she loves him. Chris says that he loves her back at then kiss on the lips.

Back at the park, the three best friends Frank, Gale and Jocelyn were walking in the park, holding their weapon knives. Jocelyn was cutting a peace of her clothing, Frank was stabbing trees and Gale was clutching her knife. Suddenly, a bird startled them which Jocelyn grabs her knife and flings it which misses the bird and was striked into a tree. Jocelyn goes to the tree and pulls out the knife and falls to the ground.
- Are you okay? - whispers Frank.
- I'm fine, bitch. - Jocelyn whispers back to Frank.
Jocelyn gets up and started running to a nearby bench. Her friends follow behind and they also started running to the nearby bench. They chilled for about an hour untill they were spotted by Katerina and Chad.

The bullies were holding spears and they started chasing the three friends in the park. They stopped, but the bullies are still running towards them. Jocelyn and Frank throws the knives at Katerina and Chad. One hit the place where Chad's abs was and the other was at Katerina's chest. They scream as they feel the pain. When the bullies are still down, Frank and Jocelyn fastly pulls their knives out which has their blood and ran away as fast as they could, leaving the bullies with their injured wounds on the spot.

The three friends went into Jocelyn's apartment to hide. Jade, Phil and Lisa came out of their rooms and sees their daughter and friends, terrified and shivering.
- Jocelyn? - said Jade.
- Are you okay? - Lisa speaks in a scared voice.
Jocelyn and her friends looked at them with a scared look on their eyes. Lisa and Jade ran and comforted them while Phil, with a distraught look on his face stays behind.

- Jocelyn, What's going on? Why do you look terrified? - Lisa says to Jocelyn.
- The bullies were chasing us in the park with spears, but we manage to throw our knives at them and we escaped.
- What knives? - said Jade.
Jocelyn pulls out the bloody knife that she has. Lisa grabs it and looks at it carefully. Frank and Gale pulls out their knives as well. Gale was the only person who doesn't have a bloody knife.

- Where did you get them? - Lisa whispers at her friends.
Gale explains that the three of them went to her house to grabs knives from her father's knife collection. Lisa looks at her stepdaughter and then back at her friends.
- I just wanna say that i'm glad you survived that chase. Thank you for speaking to me about it.
Lisa kisses her stepdaughter's forehead and tells her good luck.

While in Fletcher's house, Fletcher was listening to lep zeppelin on his bed in his bedroom. He hears a knock on his bedroom door and it was his mom who calls him for lunch. He goes to the table to eat lunch with his parents. They still talk and mention about Spencer and thought about what would he do if he didn't commit suicide. The family thought that he could graduate, he could have a job and anything that should be needed by Spencer.
After lunch, Fletcher goes upstairs and continues to listen to lep zeppelin.