12| ustulation•

"Now I'm worried for my soul. And I'm still scared of growin' old." – Jeremy Zucker, Chelsea Cutler.

Chapter Theme Song: 'you were good to me' by Jeremy Zucker, Chelsea Cutler.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Amelia

Have you seen them?

Who?

The McKay boys. They are so beautiful, so delicate. Like they couldn't harm a fly.

I stood at my red allotted locker, folding my school uniform into a neat pile while the girls who were standing next to me chattered on and on about the triplets.

Couldn't harm a fly? If only they knew.

I opened the metal door and put my stuff in, turning my face to see as Hallie broke the corner of the hot and stuffy changing room. She was topless, her chest covered by a black bra with mesh material lining the contour padding. Her panties were the same shade, and her broad hips swayed as she walked, or modeled rather as I could tell her prim show of sashay had been deliberate. Subconsciously, I dropped my vision to my own body. Then I glanced around me. All the girls had mature figures, already looking like 'women' while I still had the physique of a twelve-year-old child. I flashed away the foolish, insecure thoughts and sat down to tie the laces of my sneakers. At the corner of my eyes, I observed as she straddled the long red bench that sat in the centre of the room, gathering her mixed-colored hair in a pile before tying it up with a hairband. I was hoping we weren't going to share the same gym class.

"Hi." A low voice came from the left of me. The girl that stood above me was the thinnest among us, her auburn hair lashed back with a long red ribbon. She had pimples on her neck and chin, and the grey sports jersey was too huge for her thin frame. She adjusted it on her shoulder as she shifted her weight. "Are you okay now?"

My brows furrowed in confusion.

"My name's Raina. I sent you the notes in English class."

Realization dawned on my features almost instantly, and I stood up quickly, feeling as though I owed my life to her. "Oh, thank you."

"Don't mention it. Can you manage?" She dropped her head slightly as if to inspect my well-being. "You could get a pass from the nurse and sit this one out."

I smiled a bit and shook my head, my ponytail swaying behind me as I did. "I took a pill, so I'll be good."

"Oh, great." Her profile lightened up. "Is Mr. Pusier your gym teacher?"

"Uh, yeah." I tried not to laugh, recalling when Khalil had said his name sounded like...that word.

"Mine too, um, let's go to class together."

"Okay." I glanced back at Hallie, who was now laughing with another big-busted girl. I took the opportunity to sneak away with Raina. My gut instinct was telling me to stay far away from her crew as much as possible.

"Some days we use the gym, other days we use the playfield. And today is field events so, we'll be using the playfield." Raina told me as we stepped out of the changing room, navigating down the empty corridor to get to the school's ballfield. "Field events are on Mondays, indoor events on Fridays. It depends though, sometimes Coach will change the days for whatever reason."

We were now on the dried meadow, the dirt particles marring my white trainers, turning them a soft brown as Raina led us over to the silver rows of long benches. We sat there, and she swirled her body around so that she'd face me.