33| habromania•

"It's so quiet here. And I feel so cold. This house no longer feels like home."

Chapter Theme Song: 'So Cold' by Ben Cocks.

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

Amelia

Keegan. I'd never seen him look that responsive before. As he stood at the opened door, eyes fixed on us, back stiff and brows furrowed, I felt as though I was seeing a new side of him.

Kanan stepped away from me, hands positioned into his dark jeans, laps of his gel-wet strands falling over his eyes. His smirk was tilted as he slanted his head back. "What is it, Keegan?"

Keegan blinked slowly, lifting his chin. He too had his hands in his pockets, his hair up in messy turfs. "You're standing too close to her, Kanan."

Kanan bent his lips, seeming amused, and I watched on in bewilderment. He hung his head and took a step backwards, glancing down at his black socks. "Is this far enough for you, Kee?"

Keegan said nothing. He only cut his eyes off his brother and to me. He stared at me for a few seconds before Kanan spoke again, reclaiming his attention. "Do you have an issue with us being close?"

Keegan's head craned to the side like that of an animated doll. But again, he said nothing.

"Just wondering because..." Kanan started moving towards him, and I leaned off the wardrobe, wondering what was going on here. "You didn't seem to mind when Khalil was close to her..."

My mouth parted.

Keegan's eyes slid to the edge of his vision.

"Your feelings seem a bit...partial, don't they?" Kanan brushed past him to leave the room.

"I did speak to him." Keegan softly threw over his shoulders, but Kanan didn't bother to acknowledge the retort as he made his way down the hallway.

When Keegan looked back at me again, I asked:

"Kee. Is everything alright between you guys?"

"Are you okay Amelia?" He ignored the question, and I frowned playfully.

"You can't answer a question with a question, Keegan."

"Everything is okay. Now answer mine...are you alright?"

I noticed that it didn't matter if Keegan was yelling or trying to demand his point across, he'd still possess that soft undertone to his voice. It was as though he was unable to speak loudly.

"Yes. I am okay."

"Good." He turned around and left the room, and I watched him go, utterly confused.

What was that just now? Was there something going on between the both of them?

And more importantly, did Keegan just ask me if I was okay?