Chapter 14: Leo reunites with Leena

As dawn breaks, morning as come.

Leo laid in his room on his bed, with his face buried in his pillow.

「Ugh...Ahhh...」

Yesterday was a seriously harsh day.

I was threatened by that terrifying Prince, and the chances of me of re-obtaining my gold coin grow slimmer by the day.

In the end,

「High class herring...High class fresh whipped cream...」

Even though he had spent so much effort to cram his belly with high-class ingredients, by dawn it was all out.

Even though he tried to resist.

All of the ingredients were incredibly rare. Frankly speaking, they weren't prepared very well, but still, he wanted to properly get a chance to slowly digest all of the ingredients.

However, as Leena's body wasn't used to such terrible food, it was rejected.

Leo could only sulk as he watched his precious ingredients get washed down the drain.

His creed in money was defeated by his frail body. It was a very unpleasant experience.

「Ah...I want to see Kar-sama...」

To ease this pain, there's no other way but for me to get to polish Karlheinz Raimund Gold Coin-sama once again.

However, because he did not possess it, he had no choice but to steadily take out a couple of precious small copper coins that he has collected for himself and began to count them. In a sachet under Leo's pillow, he had concealed his life savings.

「One...Two...」

In a dimly lit room with the curtains closed, the girl's figure wrapped under a blanket in her futon counting coins looked like some kind of foreign ghost.

After Leo finished counting them, he started naming them and doing a roll call just for the sake of it.

「Aleida...radiant gray finish, refreshing, as usual. Barbara...tiny scratch on the tails side, very endearing. Christa...you got a little murky, let's clear you up. Dorothy...」

By the way, the restless and refreshing Kai was worried about the condition of his master, so some time ago he left to go find the local nurse.

At that moment.

「Uwah, uh-uh. Please don't do that with how you look.」

For some strange reason, a particularly familiar voice was heard.

「.......?!」

Surprised, Leo pulled off his blanket, and upon seeing the person peering unto his bed, his eyes widen further.

「Leena...?! And, even Bruno?!」

Standing there, was Leena who still had Leo's old body, wearing this academy's uniform, along with a tanned young boy – his childhood friend Bruno.

「What are you doing here...」

「Are you asking for the reason? Or maybe the method?」

「Obviously I'm ta....wondering about both.」

As usual, Leena was quick to make a mess of things when talking to people. Bruno, standing cross-armed next to her, whispered.

「Why polite...」

Bruno was older than Leo by one year, he was a man of few words and his voice was deep. He had dark black hair that was uncommon in the empire, and foreign features, this was proof that he is a member of the late Eland kingdom.