Chapter 69: The plan didn't go as well as Leo expected. (1/2)

Leo became so frightened when he saw all of those cracks on the golden bracelet, that he let go of the prince's right hand as fast as he could–

(Aaaaaaaaah!!! The bracelet is breaking!!!)

–However, right after he did that, a bright light suddenly erupted from the bracelet, momentarily blinding everyone in the room. (Tl/n: Just like a flashbang.)

*Flash*

When everyone opened their eyes again, the bracelet, or rather, what remained of it, wasn't on Albert's arm anymore... it's pieces were on the ground.

"No way...."

"The sealing bracelet is... broken...?"

"Even the founder of the Empire had trouble dealing with that thing, right...?"

"But... Albert overpowered it so easily...."

While the four adults stood there, impressed by what just happened, Leo couldn't help but stare at that scene with a horrified look in his eyes, after all, the prince was smiling at him.

"Thank you for telling me what was on your heart, Leonora...."

(Hiiiiiiii!!!)

Contrary to everyone here, Leo knew what lied beneath that smile. Albert only smiled like that when he was plotting something, or when he was about to threaten someone. That's why Leo was so scared of him. However, before he could take a step back to get away from Albert, he found himself sitting on the ground. Apparently, Leo was so scared of the prince, that his legs stopped working.

(Why!? Why did you guys decide to stop working now, of all times!?) – Thought Leo, as he started sweating cold just from imagining what would happen to him.

But, contrary to what he was expecting, Albert just crouched down in front of him with a concerned look on his face, then he placed a hand on his cheek, and asked–

"–Are you okay, Leonora...?"

The answer to that question was a big "No." Leo wasn't okay at all. Not only his legs had turned into jelly, but his arch enemy was also caressing his cheek. Things couldn't get worse than they already were... or, at least, that's what he thought.

As Leo lowered his face and waited for the worst to happen, Albert's concerned expression suddenly turned into a happy one, before giving his beloved a tight hug.

(Gyaaaaah!!! Someone, help!!! The evil prince is going to strangle me!!!)

Albert didn't know that Leo was scared of him. To the prince, Leonora was acting like that because she was embarrassed of the sudden physical contact, which was actually the reason why he decided to hug her. She was so cute, that Albert couldn't contain himself. However, that only served to make Leo panic even more, after all, he didn't know what the prince wanted to do with him.

(Aaaaaaaaah!!! What should I do!? At this rate, Albert will regain all of his strength back!!! And then, he'll execute me!!!) – Thought Leo, as he tightly gripped the prince's white tunic.

While Leo panicked because of the tough situation that he found himself into, Balthazar let out a loud *Cough!* to get Albert's attention, before saying–

"–Oi, oi, I don't think I told you to remove that bracelet yet, right son?"

"If I remember correctly, you only told me to 'continue wearing it until I've decided what to do with you,' isn't that right, father? Besides, that bracelet was a bit too weak. It couldn't even seal my magic power without breaking." – Said Albert, as he stared at his father's grayish blue eyes with a grin.