Chapter 43: Leo is Richard's new rising star. (3/3)

A fish blissfully swimming underwater. A vulture searching for his next prey.

Such words could perfectly describe Leo.

(T-this-! This is true happiness!!!)

It wasn't even midday yet, but Leo's heart was already pumping with excitement. He could smell the sweet fragrance of money drifting in the air.

The streets were crowded with people and the market was no different.

Everyone there wanted to, or would, buy something. After all, it was a festival, and spending money to buy the things that they wanted made everyone happy. But to Leo, being the one selling the things that others wanted to buy, made him even happier.

However, his stand was located at the edge of the Commercial District, which was a bit unfortunate to some people, since that place wasn't really that popular... but that didn't bother Leo. He managed to turn that situation around.

Like a good vulture, Leo wasn't picky with his food (customers), which made him the best poster girl ever.

"Here is, your order!" – Said Leo, with a sunny smile, as he handed a a special bread filled with grilled meat, vegetables, cheese and his newest invention, a special tomato sauce, to one of the customers waiting in line, in front of the food cart.

Each time a customer bought a special bread, Leo's smile would deepen, which in turn attracted even more customers, who bought even more bread.

But Leo wasn't the only reason why the people were lining up in front of the cart to buy the special bread... this new product was simply too good to pass unnoticed.

At first, no one was buying anything from them, which made Leo a bit sad. But a group of housewives, who was passing by, decided to buy one bread each, just to put a smile on the little girl's face.

However, they weren't expecting that the special bread would be that good.

The housewives then started advertising the special bread to other housewives, who bought the bread and advertised the product to even more housewives. And in less than an hour, they were already sold out.

Lucky for them, Leo's stand was close to Chris's house, so they went there to make more bread.

Leo thought that Chris would take at least 2-3 hours to finish the new batch of bread, but she actually managed to finish it in less than an hour, which shocked him. However, now that they had an infinite supply of bread (Chris), Leo could sell as much of the special bread as he wanted.

(But that's not enough... I can make the special bread even more special!) – Thought Leo.

He then made a deal with the uncle of the skewer shop, the granny who was selling vegetables and the Onee-san of the cheese shop, and they all agreed to his 1/3 profit.

Now it was time to start round two.

Since their stands were close to each-other, they decided to focus on making the special bread, leaving Leo on charge of the sales.

It was a win-win situation, both to the customers, who were buying the innovative and delicious special bread, and to Leo's gang, who were selling the special bread.

No one had ever thought of stuffing a loaf of bread with meat, vegetables, cheese and sauce. And that's what made the special bread as popular as it was right now. However, contrary to what some would expect, the other shopkeepers weren't mad at them for stealing all the customers, on the contrary, because of the sudden influx of people on that area, the other stands were selling more than they expected. Some of them were even sold out already. And to that, Leo could only smile happily, after all, everyone was enjoying the festival.