Chapter 75: Leo wants to travel. (2/2)

The moment Leo opened the door of the reception room, he froze in shock.

The only reason he even accepted going to the mansion so many times recently, was because he wanted to avoid Albert. However, the same person that he wanted to avoid at all costs, was now standing right in front of him, with a genuinely happy smile plastered all over his face.

(Why is this happening to me!? What did I do to deserve this!? If this is a nightmare, please, let me wake up!)

To tell the truth, Albert had barely spent any time together with Leonora ever since the Spirit Festival, that's why he couldn't help but let out a bright smile as soon as he saw her... but from Leo's perspective, that smile was actually really scary. That smile was so scary, in fact, that he could barely even look at the prince. So, for the sake of his own sanity, he decided to not make any eye contact with Albert for the time being.

However, to the other three people present in the room, Leo only looked like a maiden so in love with her partner, that she could barely even look at him in the eyes without blushing.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you know why I'm here, so I'll go directly to the point... would you like be the representative of our country, Leonora?" (Albert)

"Huh...? You want, me to be, a representative...?"

Honestly, Leo had no idea what Albert was talking about, so he didn't know what to say after receiving that sudden offer. Thankfully though, Emilia quickly noticed the confused look on her granddaughter's face, so she decided to explain to her what it meant to be a representative.

"Do you know what it means to be a representative, deary?"

"I don't, know...."

Leo shook his head to the sides.

To him, the contract festival was just some big event that Eland liked to hold every couple of years, that's why he didn't know much about the festival. However, what he knew, was that a lot of rich people liked to attend the contract festival, and that was more than enough for him.

"Then, do you know about the contract festival?"

"Yes... I know, about the, contract festival...."

"I see, then that will make things easier. To put it simply, an important ritual is always conducted at the end of the contract festival, so many countries send their representatives, or how the people there like to call it, the shrine maidens of longevity*, to Eland to receive the blessings of the spirits. And you were chosen to be the Weiz Empire's representative." (*Tl/n: That part is said in Elandic.)

"I was chosen, to be the, shrine maiden, of longevity...?"

"Yes, and that is one of the greatest honors a woman can receive, since only the most virtuous of them all can represent their country during the ritual."

"I see...."

After hearing Emilia's full explanation, the first thing that came to Leo's mind was to refuse Albert's offer, since he didn't want to receive some sketchy blessing that he had never even heard about. But, before he could put his thoughts into words, the prince leaned forward, and said–

"–Plus, since you're going there as the representative of our country, the royal family will take care of every single one of your expenses, including transportation, food and accommodation. You won't have to worry about anything in regards to money."

"!!!!!!"

As soon as Leo heard that, his conviction to reject Albert's offer started to waver. He was going to get a free travel to Eland with everything included, so he felt like it would be a waste to not accept that offer... but the prince wasn't over yet.