Chapter 103: Leo shining (3/3)

"—... Huh?!"

Leo was startled and looked down at his own body. Of course, this was because the dark spirit had "consumed" the blood of the sacrificial pig. But then...

"Look, over there...! On the balcony!"

"Is that the current shrine maiden?"

"The moment she waved her arm, the sun shone!"

"Her stained clothes transformed into pure white in an instant. It's like a scene straight out of the holy scriptures!"

The sight was reminiscent of the light spirit, who once descended upon a barren land and cleansed the stained clothes in an instant.

"Oh... no... This can't be happening..."

Lena's gaze grew distant for a moment. At the same time, a boy watching the girl standing on the balcony from below shouted out loudly.

"That person is the incarnation of the light spirit!"

It was Talim, a boy who had been wandering near the cathedral in search of a conscientious healer familiar with medicine. His excitement was evident as he passionately addressed the surrounding clerics and townspeople.

"That person... The shrine maiden from Weitz is the holy maiden of light! She smiles kindly even in the harshest of trials, sees through ambition, and forgives our lowly sins. When in danger, she is protected by the spirit of light, and even now, she summons the sun! I saw it with my own eyes!"

With fevered passion, he recounted how the maiden had discovered the beauty of the forgotten lower town, how she had protected herself with mystical power when attacked, forgiven the assailants' sins, and promised to use their skills to bring prosperity to the lower town.

"What?!"

"If that's true, she really is the incarnation of the light spirit..."

"Look at the sky. The moment she appeared, the menacing clouds vanished, and a brilliant sun rose..."

The people, who had been listening intently, turned their eyes back and forth between the holy sunrise and the maiden standing above them. Standing in the dawn light, with loose strands of hair draping over her slender shoulders and her white robes billowing in the wind, she was an image of pure beauty, like a scene from the scriptures.

In the scene that seemed to recreate a passage from the holy scriptures, the gathered crowd collectively gasped in awe.

Moreover, this was the final day of the three-day festival. Even devout spirit worshippers were not immune to the influence of the festivities, and after facing unexpected severe weather, they were on edge and easily swayed.

Soon, Talim knelt down, gazing at the maiden in reverence. His enthusiasm quickly spread, and people began to kneel around him, like ripples expanding across a pond.

"Holy maiden of light!"

"Holy maiden of light, please bless us!"

"Holy maiden of light!"

The cries echoed throughout the area, building in volume until the words praising the maiden shook the cathedral.

"—"

Meanwhile, in the darkness beneath the veil of the spirit cloth, one person had turned completely pale.

(Someone, please tell me this is a dream...)

The emperor's beloved, the leading candidate for the first empress, the humble saint. Even without these titles, she already had her hands full, but now, with the addition of the title 'Savior of the Kingdom,' she had now evolved into something worldwide with the title 'Holy Maiden of Light.'