Chapter 15: Leo gifts his hair. (1/3)

After spending a whole day in bed, while resting – because of the incident with Oscar – Leo, who did a full recovery, decided to attend today's morning classes.

Until recently, Leo was slacking off in some of the hard classes – such as magic classes. But their importance to him changed completely after Leena's visit.

The magic classes that provided the necessary knowledge and information – for free – became extremely valuable assets to Leo, and inevitably, he was learning more seriously than anyone else in the class.

Apparently, Leena's body has excellent specs. So, the more he learned, the more his knowledge accumulated, and the more he trained, the more his magic power increased. Leo was dedicated to his studies.

However, Leo didn't know how much magic power was needed for the "Body Swap" magic to work.

"Hello, Leonora. You've been working really hard in my classes lately."

It happened when Leo took first place in a magic test – actually, it was the third time, in a roll, that Leo managed to achieve such a result – Harlet, the magic teacher, decided to introduce himself to the new rising "Star" of the magic course.

"Harlet-sensei...."

"Oh, you remembered my name...! It's an honor to be known by such an amazing student."

"Of course, I would, remember. There is no, teacher's name, that I have, forgotten...."

Before, Leo had no interest in Harlet or his class, but now it's different.

To Leo, Harlet is an important teacher. Not only because he gives knowledge for free, but because he has information on the distribution of bread.

After his talk with Leena, Leo occasionally leaked some information about the distribution of bread, via "Spy Crystal."

If you program the crystal to gather information on the "Date of distribution," the crystal will only record the specified part of the conversation. Leo didn't want to violate the other party's privacy, so he programmed the crystal with these considerations in mind.

"Un, that's a good thing. But I hope you're not pushing yourself too hard." – Said Harlet, while smiling gently towards Leo.

It is said that, if someone manages to reach the rank of Head Priest, even a thug would repent in front of such a kind and gentle smile.

But Leo could see through that smile, he had seen it before.

(Hiiih! T-the church is...!)

In fact, Leo used to have a bright and angelic voice when he was younger. But because of that, a High Priest – from a church near the orphanage – was attracted to his voice. So Leo was invited by the said High Priest, to participate on the "Boys Only" choir, with promises of a high wage.

And because of the words "High wage," Leo became attached to the High Priest... leading to his important men parts, almost, being cut off.

If Bruno, Leo's best friend, didn't rush to the operation table, where Leo was tied to, what would be of him right now?

(Ugh! Just remembering that gives me the chills...)

After the incident, Leo cried on Hannah's lap, non stop, for hours.

Hannah, at the time, was unusually angry with the church and the High Priest.

The demoted Priest was hanged, and the incident became an old joke between the kids of the orphanage. Because of the apology fee the church had to pay, Leo easily forgot about the incident, but Harlet's smile made that memory resurface.