041

♥︎♥︎♥︎

♥︎
♥︎
♥︎

𝐊𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬|𝟑𝟗
𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭
Two weeks later (yes I'm doing a time skip to speed ts up a bit)

Kioni held Xaliyah on her lap, listening to the voice of the white mens courthouse which rambled on about Taleem's case

They'd been there for alittle over an hour and by now they had laid out all the evidence from the night of the double murder which was little to nothing. The only thing they had were fingerprints but other than that the case was pretty much empty.

Kyler's family defense lawyer was doing everything in his power to keep Taleem in jail like his family had requested. He was going as far as stuff from over 25 years ago, pinning him to unsolved crimes that occurred back in North Carolina and even in Texas.

Taleem knew he was careful as possible when it came to any crimes he committed those years ago but neither him nor Kioni couldn't lie like they weren't scared for an accidental slip up.

"And you say there isn't any camera footage?" Judge Taylor asked looking over the all of the evidence laid out infront her.

"No your honor." The prosecutor answered, eyes trailing off between the jury and the defendant.

The judge hummed glancing back between Taleem before looking at his wife and child who were both damn near pleading with their eyes in the front row seats.

The judge could admit that this very situation touched her ownself a bit. Her herself had been in this very situation various of times due to her husband being in and out of jail.

She could feel how Kioni was feeling and to be honest, she wasn't suppose to, but her heart wouldn't allow her to throw another black man away in jail.

Taylor cleared her throat, turning to the jury."Have you reached a verdict."

"We have your honor." One of the jurors responded and everyone began to slowly stand from their seats.

Kioni rocked Xaliyah on her shoulder as she stood and made eye contact with Taleem. He mouthed a small i luh you to her and she smiled a bit, blushing before looking over at the juror who was speaking.