You Better

Y/N took a deep breath, and then started taking her suit off, careful with it since it's Marvel Studios' property.

She placed the suit neatly on the bed, leaving herself with her undergarments, and she walk towards the bathroom.

Scarlett's eyes widened when she saw Y/N, "What are y-you doing?" She asked, stuttering because of her emotions and because of what she's seeing.

"Being here with you." Y/N answered, she stepped inside the showers and faced the green-eyed actress. "I know you're not okay, I can see it in your eyes and I can hear it in your voice. We don't have to talk, I just want to be here for you." She said, she knows that showers help Scarlett whenever she's upset.

Scarlett didn't say anything, she just bites her bottom lip to control her tears.

Y/N saw that and she sighed, she tug on Scarlett's shirt before pulling it up. "Arms." She whispered.

Scarlett raised her arms, and Y/N took off her shirt, tossing it behind her. Now, both of them are half naked.

Y/N changed their positions, she closed her eyes and tilted her head, letting the water soak her.

Scarlett watched, feeling all sort of things and emotions.

Y/N open her eyes and looked at Scarlett, she can see all the emotions in those green eyes. It makes her want to pull Scarlett in a hug, to tell her that it's going to be alright, whatever it is.

"N-Natasha's gonna die in Endgame," Scarlett finally spoke and told Y/N why she's upset.

Y/N felt her heart shattered, "What?"

"I-I've known from the start... it was my decision to keep it a secret from the rest of the cast. B-But our scene for today with the others and our scene together tomorrow will be the last day for Natasha." Scarlett said, crying again.

Y/N didn't say anything, she just pulled Scarlett closer, hugging the green-eyed actress. She didn't care that they are only in their underwear, that news broke her heart, and she couldn't imagine what Scarlett is feeling.

"I'm here." Y/N whispered, "I'm here, Scar."

Scarlett just sobbed, hugging Y/N like her life depended on it.

***

AN HOUR LATER

After crying together under the showers, Y/N and Scarlett got dressed with their suits, went back to the set and got ready for today's scene.

They are one hour late, but everyone understands. Especially the other cast, upon learning that Natasha would die. They all loved their characters, and a character dying after years of portraying it will be so hard.

No one tease the two women, they know better than that.

Y/N was already briefed by Joe while getting her hair and makeup done for the second time. She's upset with the news, she read the new script and it hurts her. She doesn't even want to read the script for tomorrow's shooting.

She looked at the script, the last line for this will be said by Natasha. And she hates that sentence already.

"Alright, let's go everyone!" Anthony said, getting everyone's attentions. "Let's do this scene." He added.

Everyone nodded their heads and stood up.

"In positions!" Joe shouted.

The cast went to their positions.

Y/N held Scarlett's hand, it's not in the script but she wants to hold Scarlett's hand for this one.

Scarlett looked at Y/N, but the woman isn't looking at her. She just smiled and squeezed Y/N's hand, intertwining their fingers. Then she looked at the front, ready for their scenes.

"Action!"

SCENE

The Avengers walk towards the Quantum Time machine, wearing their Quantum Suits.

They all stood in circle, looking at each other.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends, we lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve said, and looked at Tony. They shared a knowing look, "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that."

"Right?"

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony said.

"Tractors engaged." Bruce said.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket said, addressing the shrunk Benatar in Clint's hand.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best." Clint said.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame."

"See you in a minute." Natasha said, smiling excitedly. Then her gaze stayed at Y/C/N's, and she kissed her hand.

"You better." Y/C/N said, smiling.

SCENE

"Cut! Nice improvised at the end, Y/N." Joe said.

Y/N didn't say anything, she just stared at Scarlett until they both bursts into tears. They hugged each other, crying.

Everyone looked at the two women, this is something different than their usual bickering. As much as they like seeing them doing other things aside from fighting, this one is not on that list.

"Stay with me tonight, please." Scarlett whispered.

"Of course." Y/N said, "I'll stay with you."

Hearing that heals Scarlett's broken heart, she knows that whatever happens from now on, it will be okay as long as Y/N's there by her side.