Caught in the Act

FEW HOURS LATER

"Oh, wow." Y/N whispered to herself, wiping her tears. She's a mess and she knows this will happen, that's why she wore a waterproof eyeliner.

That scene between her character and Scarlett's, it fucked her up so badly. Acting it out broke her, but to actually watch it? It shattered her heart into a million pieces. She could hear people crying too, and she cried with Scarlett. They held each other while they watched their characters fight each other for the Soul Stone. And, of course, they cried again when Tony died.

After the movie, everyone was called up to the stage to take people's questions and give their final bow for this night's premiere.

The couple didn't let go of each other's hands throughout the question and answer; they couldn't even if they wanted to. It gives them strength and comfort. Scarlett would even kiss Y/N's knuckles every once in a while.

"You're okay, my love." Scarlett whispered to Y/N, squeezing her hand.

"How're you, though?" Y/N asked, pouting a bit. This hurts her, but she just can't imagine what Scarlett's feeling right now.

"I'll be okay," Scarlett answered, smiling a little. "Just promise me that you'll be by my side?"

"I promise, baby." Y/N said, caressing Scarlett's cheek. "I'll always be by your side." She added and kissed Scarlett's nose.

A loud cheer broke, getting Y/N and Scarlett's attention. They looked behind and saw themselves on the screen. They laughed because they got caught having a moment. Still, they didn't let go of each other's hands.

"Caught in the act." Elizabeth whispered in her microphone.

Everyone laughed, and the fans cheered loudly.

"So, there's a question for you two." Joe said, chuckling.

"Oh," Y/N said and giggled, "Where? What's the question?" She asked.

Scarlett just chuckled.

"I have a question for Ms. Johansson and Ms. L/N." A woman from the crowd said.

"Go ahead." Y/N said, smiling.

"For Scarlett, we all know that you've been portraying Natasha Romanoff for ten years and you've done an amazing job. What was your thoughts when you found out that Natasha's gonna die in Endgame?" The woman asked.

"Oh," Scarlett took a deep breath. "Well, it broke my heart and I actually talked to Joe and Anthony to um, do me a favor and not tell the cast yet. It was just so really heartbreaking, you know? I've been portraying Natasha for ten years and ending her journey really breaks my heart. But luckily, I have these amazing people that supports me and comforted me."

Y/N smiled, squeezing Scarlett's hand.

"Thank you, Ms. Johansson," The woman said, smiling. "For Y/N, what do you think will be next for your character now that Natasha's gone? Do you see her with someone else?"

Y/N shook her head, "No, I really don't see my character with someone that isn't Natasha, you know? We've seen them grow individually and grow together, and it's just something that's impossible to happen twice, you know, 'cause I really think that Natasha and Y/C/N are meant for each other. What I think is, while still seeing Y/C/N's growth, she will still hold Nat closer to her heart, where the redhead's always been, because Natasha is her greatest love."

Everyone cheered.

Scarlett smiles, sighing.

"I have one last question for you two, is that okay?" The woman asked.

Scarlett and Y/N just nodded their heads.

"It was really good to see your characters getting back together, are we expecting the same thing in real life?" The woman asked and the crown cheered so loud.

"Ooh, interesting question." Robert said, smirking.

The other cast just smiled, getting excited.

"Well," Scarlett said and faced Y/N. "What do you think, love?" She asked.

Y/N didn't say anything, she just let go of Scarlett's hand and gently grabbed her by the side of her neck, and she smashed their lips in a passionate kiss.

Elizabeth screamed, hitting Anthony's arm.

The crowd went wild, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Once the lovers pulled away, they rested their foreheads against each other's, smiling.

"I love you, Y/N." Scarlett said, the beating of her heart was faster than before.

Y/N smiles, her heart's beating fast because of Scarlett, the love of her life. "I love you too, Scar."

They pulled away and looked at the crowd.

"Did we deliver the news?" Y/N asked, grinning.

The crowd only cheered more.

Scarlett nodded her head, laughing. "I think we did, baby."

"I think so too." Y/N said, giggling.

"I think so too!!!" Elizabeth screamed.

With that, they all laughed and continued with the rest of the questions.

Scarlett and Y/N smiled at each other. Their characters' journey as a couple ended, but this brought them back to each other. They realized that it's always going to be the two of them that can heal each other and no one else. They know that this time they will do it right.