chapter 2

Rafael and Lorenzo walked into the social workers office. The only knowledge they had was that they had been in the hospital.

They couldn't help but enjoy how everyone ran away in fear or stopped talking as they went down the corridors. They finally reached a reception.

"I'm here for my kids" Rafael said to the receptionist.

She gulped when she saw Rafael and Lorenzo. "Name?" She asked.
"Rafael Romano" Rafael said.

She typed away for a second and then nodded. "I have notified their Social worker of your arrival. She will be here shortly, can I get you anything whilst you wait"

"We are fine" Rafael said.

It only took a few minutes for Jessie Moore to come down. She gulped when she saw the men and she worried for the children. This probably wasn't the best option for them but they were family.  "Good afternoon Mr Romano we spoke on the phone, I'm Jessie Moore, the children's social worker" she introduced herself.
"You said they were in hospital, what happened"
"They are okay Mr Romano, it was a car accident but the hospital released them and so if you follow me we can go meet them. I do have to warn you though that they are very nervous "

Jessie proceeded to lead them to her office. She walked in first, she had told them before she left to get them that their father was here.
"It seems your brother is here too. Anyway kids meet your father and brother" she told the kids and allowed Rafael and Lorenzo to enter.

Alexander and James were sat with Skye in the middle of them, they both were extremely protective now they were meeting now people.

Lorenzo analysed his siblings, an emotional expression on his face. Alexander saw what he was doing and did the same back. It took Lorenzo a little by suprised. Where did his carefree bubbley siblings go?

"Hello children, I'm Rafael your father " Rafael introduced. It was still blunt but he managed to not sound so angry.

"And you are?" Alexander asked looking at Lorenzo.
"Lorenzo, your eldest brother" Lorenzo said with no emotion.

"You have all grown up so much, can you introduce yourselves" Rafael asked, still being rather blunt but Lorenzo was a little suprised as this was considered 'kind' for his father.

James looked at Alexander who glared at the two men. "What kind of father doesn't know his own children's names" Alexander finally said.

Lorenzo wasn't happy with the disrespect but said nothing because the social worker was still in the room.

"I do know your names, judging by your attitude, you are the eldest, Alexander, which makes you James. And you Skye" he said turning to each sibling as he said their names.
Lorenzo was silently happy Alexander had been put in his place.

"Why don't we get started on the paperwork. Of course I am aware you live in New York so this case will be transferred over and a house meeting will be scheduled in the next month or so. It's nothing to worry about, we just need to check on the kids for their own welfare" Jessie explain.
"Very well" Rafael said.
Jessie smiled and grabbed the paper work from her desk drawer.

Rafael was busy looking through it and signing it, with Jessie explaining stuff that he wasn't paying attention to his children.

Lorenzo and Alexander were still glaring at each other. Lorenzo finally had enough and sat down besides Alexander. He whispered lowly "I suggest you cut out the bullshit. We don't accept this behaviour, it's rude and disrespectful" he warned.

Alexander gulped. He automatically went into protective mode and turned his body to face Lorenzo meaning his body was also sheilding his siblings.

"I suggest you bare that in mind. The only reason I am going to look past this is because the social worker is here, next time I won't be so nice" he continued before getting up like nothing had happened.

"Right we are all set. Thank you for contacting me" Rafael said as he and Jessie said goodbye. He then turned to his kids "lets go"

Rafael was a little taken back again when he watched, Alexander made sure he had hold of his siblings hands as they followed him out. He presumed it was out of instinct to protect James and Skye from them, they were practically strangers to the siblings.

The car ride was silent. James was lost in thought whilst, Skye laid her head on Alexander's shoulder as he stroked her hair.

"You can sleep if you're tired Skye" Rafael said looking in the mirror as he checked on his kids, he noticed Skye looking extremely tired.

Skye didn't know how to anwser so she looked up at Alexander in hopes he would do it. "She will sleep when she's ready"
Rafael nodded "very well, I suppose it is best for her to stay awake another half hour whilst we get to the plane" he said.

Lorenzo looked up from his phone and looked back at the siblings. Skye in particular looked terrible, she looked as though she would pass out any second. His focus then solely went to James who was looking out the window lost in thought.
And then to Alexander, the boy was clearly very protective and got a bit too defensive at times.  It was annoying really.