chapter 5

"ok we will leave you three to settle in" Leo said.
"Aw but I want to spend time and get to know them" Nico complained.

"You can do that, let's give them some time alone" Leo said knowing they would probably be talking to each other about what they think of everything.

"We'll come get you at dinner time, you can go wherever you want so don't feel like you have to stay in one room" Leo said and pulled Nico out with him.

The triplets were alone.

"Why did they give us these rooms" James asked.

"I...I don't know" Alex replied cautiously. He was good at reading people, he had to learn in order to protect himself and his siblings. But this was confusing for him. He had no idea what game they were playing. Multiple scenarios ran through his head. None of them good.

"Maybe it's not a trap" Skye whispered. She knew it was probably a trap but she desperately wanted it to be real.

"I'm not sure, I don't like how you are so far away" Alex said. He had always watched over his siblings at night time but now they were on seperate sides of the hallway.

"Yeah it could be a false sense of security before they attack" James added.

"For now we will go along with what they say. It's best to stay on their good side until we find out their motive. They are big on respect here so let's just respect them and stay out of trouble" Alex finally decided.

"Haven't you been giving them a hard time though " James said.

"Yes but I need to protect you both "

Skye didn't like how her brothers protected her with no regards for their own safety.
"You need to protect yourself too" she said.

Alex didn't see the point, he rather get hurt than watch his siblings get beaten.

"It's been a long journey, why don't you both rest" Alex said.

"No, you haven't slept yet, you need some sleep, I'll stay up" James said.

"No. You two need sleep more then me" Alex said.

"Please sleep Alex"  Skye said.

Reluctantly Alex agreed, he was tired himself, but he refused to let something happen while he slept.

Skye like most nights cuddled up to Alex who openly welcomed her. However she didn't sleep, she just closed her eyes resting and listening to his heart.

After some time she saw Alex had finally fallen asleep. His grip on her was tight but it was gentle at the same time.

James slowly walked round and laid on the bed, he didn't close his eyes instead he laid staring up at the ceiling.

"Maybe this will be a new start Skye" he whispered knowing she wasn't asleep.

"Maybe" she whispered.

Both of them didn't want to wake Alex so they let themselves drift off into their own little world's.

A few hours past and there was a quiet knock at the door. Both Skye and James were suprised Alex didn't wake up but it was probably because this was his first time sleeping in a bed and he was comfy for the first time.

"What do we do, he's asleep" Skye said fearing the possibility of talking to them.

"I'll do the talking, no doubt he will wake in a minute or so" James said getting off the bed and opening the door.

Leo was stood at the door, he smiled warmly at James. After talking to his father, he had confirmed what he thought, Alex was the one to talk for his siblings.