chapter 60

The triplets had discussed it together with all three giving their opinions. They wanted to tell their family as much as they possibly could but each had their doubts.

In the end they decided they would tell everyone. It was better that way.  At first they just wanted to tell their father but all three worried something may happen to one of their brothers and they would be unaware.

They just had to decide when. The sooner the better though.

It wasn't spoken about but Alex had his own dilemma, he was the drug dealer they were looking for. Should he tell them?

As his siblings laid sleeping, which was rare, he was laid awake. He didn't want to wake them so he left the room quietly.

He noticed the light shining through the door if Lorenzo's bedroom. For a moment he hesitated, they weren't on the best of terms but he was emotionally tired.  So he knocked.

There was some shuffling then the door opened.

Lorenzo appeared he looked down not expecting Alex. "I'm sorry I snapped at you and told you I hated you before the meeting" Alex said.

"Its okay. Let's put it behind us. Your not the first brother to tell me you hate me" Lorenzo said. That arquement had long been forgotten except the final words.

"Want to come in. I take it you can't sleep" Lorenzo offered.

Alex nodded. He would give his life for Skye and James but he just wanted a chance not to be the eldest.

"We decided to tell everyone as much as we can" Alex said.

"That's good I'm proud of you all" Lorenzo replied.

"What else is on your mind Alex" he asked.

Alex yawned as he looked round the room.

"Go on you can sleep in it tonight" Lorenzo said knowing he wouldn't be sleeping .
"What about you" Alex asked.

"Im not tired, if I get tired I'll sleep on the sofa " he replied.

Alex knew it was wrong of him but got into what he considered the nicest bed ever. "Can you at least come sit and talk" he asked as his mind wandered.lorenzo sat on the bed his back against the headboard.
"I understand why you snapped at me. I would have done the same if it was Skye or James " he told him sleepily.

"Alex you are 14 too. I know it's hard but you deserve to be a child too "

Alex didn't believe it but didn't say anything.

"Alex can I hug you?" Lorenzo asked knowing Alex didn't like to be touched much.

Alex's eyes opened hearing these words.

"Please" he whispered. He needed to be hugged.

"Okay. I'll let go if you don't feel comfortable" Lorenzo said, he slowly laid down and Alex turned over, Lorenzo hugged Alex with Alex burying his face into Lorenzo's t-shirt.

"You can be a kid Alex. I'm the eldest now"

"But Skye and James, I need to be there for them"

"Maybe but you all have a family who will be there for all of you" Lorenzo said.

"Will you tell me what happened to you" Lorenzo added.

"Nothing much Skye and James suffered more. They are the ones who need the most help"

"Alex forget Skye and James for a minute, you are 14 , you are no longer responsible for them. So please open up, you matter just as much as they do"

Alex wanted to test the waters so he decided to ask about the Mafia.

"Will you tell me about your work first" he asked.

"Sure, but this is about you not me" Lorenzo agreed.

"Maybe I want to check your not a terrible person. I want to trust you. But I know how you are tracking down some drug dealer who is probably harmless. If it was a threat I'm sure you'd have known about it so why bother tracking him down?"

"Because Alex if he is a threat, it needs to be dealt with" Lorenzo stated. There was no point hiding anything.

"What if he's not a threat. What if he just wants a normal life" Alex asked.

"Well dad has put me in charge of finding the guy so he makes the final decision. I personally wouldn't let him in  any state we run" Lorenzo stated. The Mafia were feared in several states, if the guy stayed out of them and led a normal life he would consider sparing him.

Alex wanted desperately to tell him.

"Skye and James got hurt so much " he said

"You got hurt to though" Lorenzo pointed out.

"Would you put yourself in harm's way for Nico,Marco and Leo" Alex asked.

"Yes I would and I would for you, James and Skye" Lorenzo anwsered.

"Why" Alex asked.

"Because you are all my younger siblings. I'm your older brother" he stated

"That's exactly how it's been for me. You can't say I shouldn't do something when you would do it"

"You're 14 Alex, I'm an adult. You need to have a childhood. And that's why you have me now, to fight your battles whilst you're having a childhood"

"What if I don't deserve a childhood?" He asked.

"Why don't you deserve one"

"James and Skye...."

"I love them but I want to hear about you" Lorenzo said.

He had known since picking them up with his dad that Alex was protective of them but he didn't realise how bad it was until now. Alex was of course protective and it showed everyday but today he saw that he didn't care about himself, only James and Skye. And he didn't like that

"Well I need to talk to James and Skye, we agreed to talk together, If I tell you stuff you'll know and go straight to dad or worse"

"I'm sure there are aspects of what happened to you that you hide from them. So why don't you tell me. You don't have to be detailed just tell me, let me help you"

"I don't know if I can"

Okay so I decided to leave it like this. Don't worry there will be more to come about the three of them.

I'm throwing in a plot twist later in the story that Ive seen some people ask.

The big question though, Damon or Lorenzo?

As the writer I'm biased towards Damon, he's definitely better than all my other characters I've ever written.