chapter 55

Marco had been in and out of sleep for a few days , and by the time he was fully awake, the doctors wanted him to stay.

10 days.

10 days since Marco got them home.

14 days since they were kidnapped but for Marco it felt like just yesterday.

He didn't speak to any of his family when they visited. He didn't look at them either.

Rafael stayed with his son.

But the others apart from the triplets visited.

It was too much for them seeing Marco like he was. Especially Skye.

The doctor came in at 11am. Rafael was talking to Marco, he knew the chances of him replying were low yet he tried anyway.

"So Marco is okay to be discharged however we are concerned about his mental health. He doesn't seem to be a risk to himself or others but the option of going into psychiatric care is available." The doctor announced.

Rafael wanted his son to get better so on one hand he was almost ready to have him admitted, but he knew deep down it was the wrong choice. They had gone through this before.

Rafael knew his son hated hospitals so he knew he would just get worse.

"I think it's best if he goes home, if he gets worse I will consider it. I will be looking into therapy" Rafael said but doubted it would work,  it didn't last time.

So Marco was discharged. After 10 days in the hospital Marco was allowed to go home.

At home the atmosphere was mixed.

Skye wouldn't come out of her room. She wouldn't let Alex or James in. They had heard Marco was coming home and Skye resorted to locking herself away. She didn't want anyone to worry about her though so she claimed she had a headache.
Alex and James knew she was lying but knew Skye wouldn't talk to anyone when she was like this. All they could do is wait for her to be ready to come out.

Lorenzo was busy with work. Obviously.

Nico and Leo were busy making sure the house was okay and making food.

When Marco and Rafael got home. They were greeted by Leo and Nico.

"We made lunch" Leo said.

"And you can't skip it" Nico added.

It was clear to everyone Marco wasn't the best at eating when he relapsed.

"Nico go get Lorenzo and the triplets for lunch" Leo said.

"But isn't Skye sleeping "

"Why is she sleeping" Rafael asked.

He knew it had been an ordeal for her too but he focused more on Marco.

"Migraine. Alex said she was sleeping it off"  Leo said

Marco may not have been talking but he was listening. He knew it was a lie.

He needed to see did himself that she was okay.

"Okay leave her to sleep Nico, just get the boys. I'll go up and check on her later and bring her some food" Rafael said.

Lunch was quiet. No one spoke. Everyone was thinking different things but all concerned about their siblings. Or for Rafael, his children.

Marco ate to avoid the worry but quietly left afterwards. He cleaned his plate and headed upstairs. He would most likely throw up soon. He hesitated at the top, he wanted to check on Skye but didn't want to disturb her. He understood she needed space so he went to his room.

Downstairs was a different case. After Nico, Alex and James had finished Rafael spoke "boys why don't you go outside, play some football or read" it wasn't a suggestion.

So his three youngest sons quickly left the room.

"How have things been here" Rafael asked.

"Its affected Nico because of his close they were but Skye has become a little more closed off which was to be expected, Alex and James are even more protective of her now, which was to be expected. Everyone has been worried about Marco though" Lorenzo summarised.

Rafael nodded "I'm gonna kill whoever did this" he stated before getting up and leaving. He says it so casually that Lorenzo and Leo shared a look. Their father was beyond angry, he was the type of angry that he would kill and not think twice, like killing a person was nothing.

(Time skip)

It was late at night, everyone was a asleep. Well mostly everyone. Marco and Skye couldn't sleep. They both laid in bed wanting to make sure the other was safe but we're to scared of the consequences.

Marco had no energy to get up. He simply laid their wondering if she truly was safe. Did his father like? Did he actually save her? Maybe she was hurt? He failed her.
He must have done because he had seen Alex and James but not Skye.
She was probably hurting worse.

He was 18, he shouldn't be acting like a little kid.  If his brothers found out what really happened they'd think he was pathetic and weak. They could never know. His father would probably think the same but pity him. He hated pity.

Meanwhile Skye was thinking how childish she was being. She never got hurt and yet she was acting like it was her who suffered. She had to be there for Marco. She had to stop feeling like this because Marco was the one who was hurt. Not her.
Was he okay?  She doubted it. Did he blame her? Of course he probably did. She was the reason he got hurt. If it wasn't for her, he would be safe. He would probably be out drinking as it was the weekend. He would probably be alot happier.

She desperately wanted to see him but she didn't want to watch him blame her, she knew it was her fault, hearing it would make it more real.