chapter 65

"you know for a little kid you know how to throw a punch"

Lorenzo stood in the doorway of Alex's room watching him punch the punch bag their dad had gotten him to take his anger out on.

"What do you want" Alex asked. He didn't feel like talking to his family today so Lorenzo's presence just annoyed him.

"I thought I'd let you in on some mafia information " Lorenzo said.

Alex froze "you said we didn't have to be a part of it. Look just leave them out of it . I will do everything, but Skye and James they don't need to know" Alex had panicked.

"Jesus they messed you up" Lorenzo muttered to himself.

"I wanted to inform you since you were held captive by that gang and thought it only appropriate to tell you the Mafia will no longer be looking for the final member" Lorenzo said watching Alex's body language for the anwser he wanted. And he got it.
Alex relaxed.

"After all there is no point waisting resources on a 14 year old kid is there"

"How did you know" Alex said. He trusted Marco to not say anything. He didn't trust Marco with much but he knew that Marco understood the importance of secrets.

"I didn't know at first because I presumed you were in foster care but knowing you were with them, it wasn't hard to figure out." Lorenzo said.

"I'd have gotten those social work files as soon as I realised the abuse" he muttered to himself.  He couldn't access their files because he wasn't a parent, but he saw the signs of abuse from day 1.

"Oh. Does Rafael know" Alex asked.

"that is your story to tell however as the Mafia boss he probably knows, as a father though  he is probably waiting for you to come to him"

Alex had already said so much, he didn't want to do anymore talking.

And then the negative thoughts hit him.

"Skye and James didn't have anything to do with it. I know what I did was wrong so if you don't want me anymore please can you promise they will be safe"

Lorenzo was taken back by this. Yet somewhat happy, of course his words were concerning but this was the same Alex who freaked out when his siblings weren't in view, who wanted to take any beatings for them, and now he trusted Lorenzo enough to keep them safe. It was big steps.

Hopefully he could be a kid again.

"I have promised you that Skye and James are safe. But you're just as safe as them. Why wouldn't we want you here?"

"I'm a terrible person. My anger, and now you know I'm a criminal. Why would you want me around."

"Watch it Alex, you're describing me" Lorenzo joked.

"We both know you're good for them.  All my issues, I'm holding them back. They want to be a family and it's me who's stopping them. What right do I have to say what they can and can't do when I'm nothing more than a criminal "

"Do you not want to be a family Alexander" Lorenzo asked deciding to tackle each issue he mentioned.

"I don't know. I just want what's best for them"

"Alex you're safe now, you can have what's best for you. So tell me, what it is you want"

Alex paused to think about it.

What exactly did he want?

Did he really want to be a family or was he doing all this so James and Skye could be happy?

Did he even deserve to be happy? He had done so much bad stuff.

"You don't have to anwser now. You can have some time to think of it if you want" Lorenzo offered.

"And if I told you I don't want to be a family?" Alex asked.

Lorenzo truly didn't have a anwser for that. It broke him to hear. "Then we'll find a solution.  You're not 18 yet but there is always different ways" he said.

"Like what" Alex challenged.

"If you don't want to live here, boarding school. If you don't want to be around me because of who I am, I do have my own place. If you want a bit of time without any of us, we can see what social services can do.  The best solution would be to keep working at being a family until you're happy however none of us want you doing anything drastic because you're unhappy and we certainly don't want you to run away" Lorenzo explained.

"Okay. I need time" Alex truly didn't know what he wanted.

"Okay. Moving on, you have every right to have a say in what goes on. You have been looking after them for 10 years, you can't just let that go straight away. But you are right, you can't stop them from wanting to be a family. You want to protect them and you are all clearly wary. Being wary is good but I promise you can trust us" Lorenzo said addressing something else Alex had brought up.

"And finally Alexander, you know the line of work we do, and trust me, we don't think of you as nothing more then a criminal.  We're all criminals, if anything you fit right in. However you won't be participating in any criminal behaviour ever"  Lorenzo stated.

Alex decided to challenge him slightly on that. "What if when I turn 18, I want to join"

Lorenzo looked horrified at the thought. "I forbid it" three words that held so much meaning.

Growing up lorenzo didn't like it when his brothers joined the Mafia however just the thought of Alex joining made him feel extremely protective.

Even though he wasn't the boss yet, he would be by the time Alex was at an appropriate age to join and he would rather give the Mafia up then see Alex join.

Lorenzo quickly realised he shouldn't be acting like this. He was more protective with Alex then any of his siblings, even Skye and James.

"What if Skye and James wanted to join too ' Alex asked.

"That's not happening "  Lorenzo stated.

Both brothers noticed the difference in how Lorenzo was.

And Alex secretly liked having someone get more protective over him.

"Lorenzo, I want to be a family "

Lorenzo was relieved hearing this and a smile appeared on his face.

What Lorenzo didn't realise was that he was the reason Alex wanted to be a family. He wanted James and Skye to be happy but believed they would be happy without him. However Lorenzo was someone Alex now relied on.

Hopefully you liked this. I'm thinking about skipping time to a few weeks later next chapter. This part is all about them accepting stuff and healing but I have drama planned that will be unexpected but is so obvious you will probably already have guessed it.

Would you like to see more healing or skip.

For reference everything about the triplets is out in the open now. I also realised after writing this chapter that Alex admitted to doing small crimes for the drug gang a few chapters ago so it might be confusing but just imagine he either didn't confess that or he didn't mean to say until now he was the drug dealer they were looking for.

The lost tripletsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara