chapter 47

I'm back ! Another update and so quick too. It's not as well written as I hoped but  hopefully you still like it.

Alex was paranoid about leaving Skye and James alone with Leo, Marco and Nico.

Lorenzo was out too today with his girlfriend which Marco who expressed his hate for the woman multiple times.

But then Marco hated everyone.

Currently the three triplets were in James room. James had originally been laid on the bed normally but after a while Alex got boring and he found himself on his back laid horizontal with his head hanging over the bed so he was looking up at the ceiling.

Beneath sat on the floor was Skye who was reading her book.

Alex was finished worrying about them as James had asked him a sports question and that led Alex to tell them all about the game. James regretted it.

But the three siblings were listening to Alex whilst doing there own thing. Alex then started voicing his plans to test Rafael. Meaning see how far he can push before Rafael snaps.

But what he didn't take into consideration was how safe he actually felt. None of them actually realized as they say in the bedroom that they weren't expecting one of their brothers or father to come in shouting and hurting them.

They all were unaware that they felt safe.

"You already attacked Marco how much further can you possibly push him" Skye said, she was worried about Alex.

She knew she was starting to accept her new family but she also knew her main reason for accepting them was because she didn't want James and Alex constantly worried and trying to protect her, she wanted them to have fun.

She knew deep down no matter how hard she tried, she was broken. She still barely slept but she didn't want to worry her brothers so she pretended her sleeping pattern was getting better. She saw them as biologically related to her but they weren't family yet.

James and Alex shared similar views, they were biological but not family.

"I still don't like him" Alex muttered. He hated Marco.

"Just go and have fun, Rafael is actually pretty fun to be around " James said.

Alex glared slightly at the idea. He also didn't like how trusting his siblings had become.

It hadn't even been 2 months and they had suffered a lifetime of abuse.

"Don't get me wrong if he hurts you I'll make him suffer" James added. He knew he was weaker, they all knew they were weaker than their older brothers and father but the triplets would do anything for each other and James and Alex had both successfully broken a bone or two of their captors throughout the years, usually the nose or any other bones that broke when they punched them.

Then there was the knock on the door which Alex opened.

"Are you ready to go Alex" Rafael asked.

Alex looked back at his siblings who gave him encouraging nods.

"Fine yeah" he agreed.

"Great. Skye, James don't stay up to late, I believe Leo is ordering a takeaway soon so let him know what you'd like. If you need anything go to Leo if he can't solve it you can always message Lorenzo or myself" Rafael said.

"Thank you" they both replied.

And like Alex had said, as soon as they left the house, Alex began to see how far he could go.
It started off by just little distractions. Rafael didn't even comment on them, in fact when Alex decided to talk alot , Rafael didn't bother shutting him up, he continued the conversation which was on the game they were seeing.

Then as they entered the place, Alex began being slightly rude, questioning his parenting skills, and how he left for business trips, how he left Leo in charge and if he could actually be a parent.
Rafael was quick to give him anwsers.

Then finally what made Rafael snap was a simple comment.

"I don't like you and I definitely don't want to be part of this family"

Rafael had turned to his son and Alex thought this was it. He thought he had finally pushed Rafael far enough.

"I know what you are doing Alexander, you can question my parenting, my job, the work I used to do. You can tell me you hate me, you can tell me I'm not family but I hate to break it to you but you're stuck with me. I'm your father whether you like it or not, you are part of the family whether you want to be or not. Nothing about this is ever going to change"

Rafael's words were so serious yet they had a undertone of care to them.
"And what exactly am I doing"

"You're trying to push me, you want me to snap. You want to see how much you can get away with. Your actions are quite tiresome really, you're not even close to making me snap" Rafael said. They were waiting in their seats for the game to start now.

Alex was speechless but he did something he didn't want to do. He didn't plan on going this far. He just couldn't think straight.

He hit Rafael.

He figured he was done for now.

Rafael glared at his son "never hit me again Alexander, you have already been warned about this type of behaviour. I won't hesitate to get up and go home if you continue this. Now apologize"

Alex nodded. He knew he overstepped.

"Sorry sir" he quickly said, he expected insults at the very least, he definitely did not expect Rafael to nod and turn back towards the pitch. Alex noticed the anger on his face quickly disappear too.

"A punch bag in your room might be beneficial, I will not have you take out your anger on people" Rafael said after several minutes.

Alex was confused at what was happening. In those moments with no speaking, Alex had started to think the worst. He was anxious and scared but instead Rafael didn't come across as angry

"I'll order you one when we get home"

He had hit Rafael, he didn't mean to but at the same time Rafael was no longer angry. He didn't even hit him or threaten him.

"Now let's enjoy the game"  Rafael said as it started.

Make no mistake, Rafael had been angry that his son had hit him but at the same time he expected Alex to act up, any other time and he would have put his children in their place but with Alex, he knew that the boy didn't trust him and didn't want to consider the possibility of having anyone but Skye and James so Rafael gave him a simple but affective warning.

He wanted his triplet's to trust him not fear him. So he let the incident go. At least this time......

Alex seemed to stop his antics when the game started and by half time, Alex was talking all about it and despite the rough start , he couldn't hide how happy he currently was and hearing the excitement just made Rafael happy. He even allowed his son to get a sports shirt from the gift shop.

Alex was not expecting to have a good time with Rafael but as time progressed he found himself talking to Rafael normally and without realising it, he started to trust the man.

He had been anxious at first after hitting him but Rafael showed no signs of a grudge nor did he make threats and insults.

So Alex came to one simple conclusion.

Rafael was not like their captors.