chapter 41

James and Skye rushed out of the room, James stuck close to her. They had no idea where their father or eldest brother was, at least until they heard talking in the kitchen.  Something about finding a drug dealer.

James was about to knock but Skye was worried about Marco so she entered. James was quick to follow grabbing her hand and pulling her back.

Fear consuming him for not knocking and barging into a private conversation.

"What is it kids" Rafael asked not even bothering with the interuprion.
"Yeah where's your guard dog" Lorenzo added earning a glare from Rafael.

"We were in the gym, Leo asked us to get one of you sir" James spoke not bringing himself to say what he had just witnessed.

"Is Alex okay? He's not hurt is he?" Lorenzo asked and it suprised the two siblings how caring he sounded.

"Marco is" Skye whispered.

It confused Rafael and Lorenzo, but then realization dawned on him. Marco probably had a moment of pure guilt letting Alex hurt him.

When the 4 entered it was worse than expected, worse than how James and Skye left things.

Marco was unconcious. Alex shouting with Leo still restraining him "let me go. Let me fucking go. I'm going to kill him"

Leo simply held Alex. He couldn't attend to his brother if Alex was beating him.

Rafael didn't know where to start, he wanted to reassure his son and make him feel safe but his other son was unconcious. Lorenzo felt similar.

"Leo take these two out, maybe find Nico and keep them occupied. Lorenzo calm Alex, I'm going to check Marco"  Rafael finally said.

"Please don't hurt him, he didn't mean it" Skye and James said.

"We won't. He just needs to calm down before I allow you anywhere near him" Rafael said as he walked towards Marco.

Lorenzo took hold of Alex who was still fighting to get free. Instead of restraining him, Lorenzo hugged him. "You're safe" he whispered.

"Come on kids" Leo said trying to lead James and Skye out.

Skye looked at Marco. She knew why he had let Alex hit him. She also saw how careful their dad was bring but also she freaked out when she saw him calling for an ambulance.

Marco had treated her like shit. She feared him. But he had his reasons, nothing could excuse his behaviour but she understood. She felt a connection to Marco, maybe because he knew how she felt regarding certain abuse.

"No. He's not that hurt. Will he be okay" she panicked.

"He should be. Leo take them" Rafael said.

He felt guilty. He thought this would be good for Marco but it ended up like this.
He didn't know how bad Marco was but considering he was unconcious he called for an ambulance.

He looked over at his other son's. Lorenzo seemed to have calmed down Alex who looked like he had no regrets. He didn't bother saying anything, instead he carried his son upstairs and into the living room waiting for the ambulance.

He had hoped to keep his other children from seeing but they were all watching. Alex still being held by Lorenzo.
James was hugging a crying Skye.
Leo and Nico watched too.

"Lorenzo you're in charge I'm going to go with them" Rafael stated as he ran his hand through Marcos hair.

He hated seeing his son like this and it was just a reminder of last time this happened.