OPSLO 7: Promise

"Are you an Omega?"

Chanyeol nods, tears now slowly staining his flushed cheeks. Baekhyun slowly let his arm go as the younger sits on top of his bed.

"All this time you are lying to us? To me?" Baekhyun asked.

"I..." Chanyeol sniffed. "I have my own reasons Baekhyun.."

"What?" Baekhyun crossed his arms.

"Omegas need recognition, Baekhyun, I need to prove to everyone of you that being an Omega doesn't mean we are weak, couldn't protect our selves or even do what others can do!" Chanyeol answered. "I always dreamt of making songs, performing it in front of many showing my talent!"

Baekhyun could only listen to him.

"I want to change how people see the Omegas," Chanyeol continued.

"But is it a valid reason to lie to us?" Baekhyun asked. "From all those years, you kept it hidden from us?"

"Tell me, if I told you what I really am, would you accept me?" Chanyeol asked. "Do you even remember what you told me about what you think with the Omegas?"

Baekhyun went silent.

"You told me that Omegas are only for sex, Baekhyun, you only sees my kind as fucktoy or someone who would bear your child to continue your lineage!" Chanyeol exclaimed. "So, tell me, do you think I would like to tell you about this after learning how you looked at my kind?"

Baekhyun felt guilty about what Chanyeol said. For him it was just some kind of dirty joke for them but he didn't know that Chanyeol would take it deep inside since he is also an Omega. He kneeled down in front of the crying Omega and he could smell the distress all over the room.

"Hey, I'm sorry for making you feel like this.." Baekhyun apologized. "It's a dirty joke for me but I didn't know that you will take it seriously.."

Chanyeol looked at him with teary eyes.

"Baek, we are not toys, we have feelings too.." the younger hiccuped.

Baekhyun gently wiped his tears and told him to calm down.

"Stop crying now please.." Baekhyun said, his heart clenching in pain. "The others are just downstair, they might come here any minute so you should stop.."

Chanyeol nods. "Baek..."

"Hmm?" Baekhyun looked at the Omega.

"A-Are you perhaps mad at me? Do you hate me now?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun sighed. "No.." he answered. "I'm just hurt that you lied to me, I thought we are best friends.."

Chanyeol wiped his tears and played with his hands.

"I'm sorry..." Chanyeol apologized then looked at Baekhyun.

The Alpha felt his world stopped as he looked at Chanyeol. He then realized how beautiful the Omega is now that he justified those sweet scents from him. Or how his body looked slimmed despite working out. And the realization really hits him hard that he is alone with a beautiful Omega in one room.

Baekhyun could sense his wolf howling inside him. He needs to control his self or else he would do something he would really regret. He shook his head and took a safe space from the Omega.

"We should go out," Baekhyun said.

"WAIT!" Chanyeol grabbed his hand. "Did you say that every one is here?!"

Chanyeol looked at his drawer while Baekhyun watched him. The Alpha saw a very familiar necklace that Chanyeol always wear and never let it left his body. The Omega wears it then his scent got covered by what the Alpha is used to.

Baekhyun sniffs the place. "Your...scent..."

Chanyeol held his necklace pendant. "This necklace helps me hide my true scent, it has much more stronger scent so that no one will know I'm an Omega.."

Baekhyun nods.

"Baekhyun.." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and held his hand again.

"Can you keep my secret?" Chanyeol asked. "I promise to tell everyone at the right time..please?"

Baekhyun smiled. He gently squeezed the Omega's soft hand.

"Okay," He said. "I promise."

Chanyeol offer a pinky promise finger. Baekhyun laughs softly and locked it with his own.

They both got startled when someone knocked on the door.

"Hyung?" It was Sehun. "Is Chanyeol-hyung still asleep?"

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who bit his lower lip and nods for him to open it.

"No, he is awake and we just talked so we didn't came out right away," Baekhyun said as he opens the door.

"Hyung!" Sehun ignored Baekhyun and ran towards Chanyeol who smiled at the younger. "I miss you!"

Baekhyun almost growls when Sehun hugged the Omega. Chanyeol looked at him as if asking for his help. It's because although the necklace hides his sweet scent, it didn't give him a barrier from the Alphas strong ones. Baekhyun cleared his throat making Sehun to pulled away.

"Sorry! I just missed you so much!" Sehun said and pulled Chanyeol out of the room.

Chanyeol looked back at him and smiled sweetly as he mouthed 'thank you'.

Where did I put my self into?