OPSLO 12: Protect

"I'm really sorry, Sehun.."

Sehun took a step back and turned his back away from Chanyeol before running away. Chanyeol wanted to follow him but he knew that Sehun wouldn't let him talk when he is mad. So with a heavy heart, he walked back to their cottage.

"Chanyeol? Why are you crying?" Luhan asked.

Chanyeol felt his heart aches hearing how worried Luhan sounded like. He knew that keeping his secret would cause trouble for all of them. But this is his dream too. And now he is slowly getting there but what's at stake is his friendship and bond with his co-members. They have created a strong bond for years and now he's afraid to lose it more than his career.

"I-I'm fine, Hyung.." Chanyeol answered. "Just got emotional with Hyejin.."

"Are you sure?" Luhan asked.

Chanyeol nods and excused his self to rest. The others are out to play and swim while Chanyeol decided to lock his self inside his shared room with Baekhyun. He didn't want Sehun to see him in their room because he knew he hurts the younger. He fell asleep crying in silent until lunchtime came.

"Yeollie?" Lay entered the room. He approached the younger and saw him shivering at the very corner. "Chanyeol?! Chanyeol?!"

Chanyeol felt so cold. "H-Hyung?"

Lay checked his temperature and let out a sighed of relief knowing he's not having a fever. He helped the other to lie on his bed and covered his self with the blanket.

"Are you okay, Yeollie?" Lay asked. "You seemed to didn't ate lunch that is why you're shivering."

Chanyeol lifts the blanket to cover half of his face.

"Sorry for worrying you, Hyung.." Chanyeol sadly said.

"What are you talking about?" Lay smiled. "I'm worried because I cared about you, I will feel the same to every member too."

Chanyeol felt like crying again. He felt like he didn't deserved to receive this kind of affection from the older or from the others. His guilt is really killing him now, and he didn't know how long he could take it.

"Don't think about this too much okay?" Lay said. "I'll just get you some foods to eat, don't starve your self again."

Chanyeol slowly nods and let out a soft 'thank you'. The older went out to get some foods for him and returned with a tray of foods. Chanyeol ate a bit more since he's really hungry too. Lay patted his head before leaving him again.

Sehun came back at night, just in time for dinner. Chanyeol helped Kyungsoo to prepare dinner and saw the younger getting scolded by Junmyeon.

"I'm sorry, Hyung," Sehun apologized. When he looked towards Chanyeol's direction, the older quickly looked away and focus on cooking.

Sehun felt mad, yes, but he can't stayed angry towards the older who he grew attached with. He run away and avoid talking to Chanyeol because he knew being an Alpha, he couldn't stop his self saying words he might regret. So he needs to calm his self first before confronting the older.

When he's alone, he suddenly realized why he felt the urge to protect Chanyeol before. And why he smelled so sweet not like the other Betas. Everytime he close his eyes, all he could see is the older's beautiful smile and virus-like laugh. He felt betrayed but still, Chanyeol is important to him.

Very much important.

It was late at night, Chanyeol turned to looked at Baekhyun who is now peacefully sleeping at the other bed. He could hear his usual puppy like noise. He couldn't help but smile and thanking the older for keeping his secret. He left his bed and decided to have some fresh air outside. He went to the balcony and froze when he saw Sehun there.

"Hunnie.." he mumbles.

Sehun looked at him, also surprise seeing him there. Chanyeol quickly looked away.

"S-Sorry, I'll just leave you here.." Chanyeol was about to leave when Sehun stopped him.

"I'm sorry about earlier," Sehun said. "I'm just surprise and felt....betrayed.."

Chanyeol looked at Sehun. "Hunnie.."

Sehun pulled the older closer, his scent might be lessen but he could still smell it. The smell of honey and vanilla seems to calm him.

"I don't want to talk about it when I'm mad, I might say something I'll regret after," Sehun said. "I need to clear my mind first."

"I understand, Sehun.." Chanyeol awkwardly smiled. "I'm sorry for lying, and keeping everything from you.."

Sehun looked at Chanyeol straight to his eyes. He have been infatuated with his beautiful almond shape eyes, but seeing it closer, he felt his wolf howling inside him. Chanyeol seems so hypnotizing him that he just pulled him closer cupping his face.

"You're so beautiful, Hyung.." Sehun said.

"S-Sehun.." Chanyeol mumbled.

"I decided to keep your secret, Hyung, and I will protect you no matter what.." Sehun said seriously while looking to Chanyeol's eyes.