39

A whole day had passed

A whole day had passed. And there was no change in David's sate. He was still asleep, under the sleeping curse and not waking up. Not even stirring. At first, they'd been confused, but soon enough it made sense. Whatever had happened in the Netherworld, whether David and Snow never found each other or something else. The kiss didn't work. Their plan had failed. And now the only way for David to wake up was for Snow to return to Storybrooke.

Odette spend the majority of her time by his side, all of her classes for the day cancelled. It was safe to say that Gold wasn't too fond of the idea of her sticking around in his shop for excessive amounts of time, but she didn't let him push her out or give a damn what he wanted. The only time she stepped away was when she went to pick up Henry at the bus stop after school, leaving David to Regina so she could check on him. Even though they all knew she'd come back with the same conclusions as before: no change.

"It's all going to turn out fine. You'll see." Henry spoke optimistically as the two walked together towards the shop. "Mary Margaret will come back, and she'll wake him up, and everyone will be together again." He continued to hold on to hope and Odette wouldn't dare say anything that might make him doubt it.

"I'm sure you're right, kid." Instead, she sent him a smile as she opened the door of the shop and let him walk through it first before following him inside. She spotted Regina and Gold standing by the register, their conversation going quiet as the two of them walked inside. "Go on and see him in the back, I'll join you in a minute." Odette told Henry who gave no objections before running into the back room and leaving the adults alone again.

"No change." Regina told her once they were sure Henry wasn't listening in. Odette couldn't help but give out a small sigh. "It's as you said. Their consciousness is what's in the Netherworld. For the kiss to work, they have to be together." Regina repeated the words Odette had said last night when they realized David had been asleep for too long.

"I'll wait for you outside, your majesty." Gold interrupted the two women as he stepped away and walked to the door, Odette's eyes watching him go before turning to Regina with a questioning look.

"We're going to find the portal and wait for it to open." Regina revealed, making alarm bells start sounding off in Odette's mind as she raised an eyebrow at the woman. She didn't want to doubt Regina, not when she'd given them no reason to, but still, Odette wasn't sure about what her and Gold's need to seek out the portal was about. And she didn't like not knowing. "Waiting here and hoping for the best, it might... We need to know who walks through that portal." Regina explained simply.

And that, Odette could understand. With David never waking up, there was no way to know if he even managed to find his way into the room of fire and delivered a message to Snow. And if he didn't, then there was a good chance it wouldn't be Emma and Snow coming through that portal, but Cora instead. "By the time whoever it is walks into town, it might be too late." She concluded on her own.

"If it's Cora, we have to try and stop her before she gets too far." Regina said. And Odette didn't catch on to the way in which she said it; carefully chosen words framing it in a way that didn't cause suspicion.