18

While Odette knew her flying was fast enough to maintain her position at the front of the group as they headed towards Mr Gold's shop, she still hung towards the back, not really wanting to fly right in the centre of the storm that was obviously b...

While Odette knew her flying was fast enough to maintain her position at the front of the group as they headed towards Mr Gold's shop, she still hung towards the back, not really wanting to fly right in the centre of the storm that was obviously brewing amongst the newly reunited family leading them. However, each and every one of them could still hear the conversation going on between Snow, David and their daughter who was more than eager in her attempts to avoid it.

Odette couldn't deny that she did not wish to be in any of their shoes. She couldn't even begin to imagine what each one of them may be feeling. Until a little while ago, all of them would have been acting the same way as Emma was right now upon the discovery that fairy tales, and people like Snow White and Prince Charming were actually real.

And to top it all off, they were her parents that she had thought all her life had abandoned her. But Odette could see it in the faces of David and Snow White just how much they wished things could just fall into place so they could be a family. Something Emma didn't seem all to ready for just yet.

Snow had tried to let Emma know she could ask them whatever she wanted, trying to get the conversation about it all going, but Emma was more determined to avoid it by focusing on Gold and the newest form of trouble he'd brought to town.

"I know it's a lot to take in, for all of us." David tried to support Snow's idea of talking out everything that was going on, the two parents doing their best to understand their daughter and what she was feeling in that moment. They truly were trying, but Odette could see that it was more than something that could just be talked out in the span of one conversation.

"And we don't want to push, but we've waited for this moment for so long..." Snow's words were interrupted as Emma came to a sudden stop, making the whole group do the same while the blonde spoke, interrupting her mother.

"Yeah, so have I!" Emma's voice raised, her patience starting to wear thin. However, she did manage to calm a bit as she continued to explain. "I've thought about this moment my entire life. I've imagined who you might be. But of all the scenarios that I concocted, my parents being... I-I just need a little time. That's-that's all."

Whatever Snow and David's reply would have been, they had no chance to say it as everyone's attention was caught by a large group passing through the streets only a few feet away from them, their loud and angry voices making all eyes turn towards them.

The people rushed through the street, and while Odette wondered where they may be headed in such a hurry, as was everyone else around her, the answer soon came as Dr Hopper rushed over to them. "There you are. Come with me, I need your help. Dr Whale's whipped everyone into a frenzy. They're going to Regina's house. They're gonna kill her!"

Archie's words made worry spark within Odette and this time she did make her way to the front of her group, flapping her wings quite theatrically in an attempt to get a message across. Her being a swan, meant there was magic in Storybrooke (as they've concluded by now) and Regina with magic would have no problem handling an upset mob of ordinary people.

"Great, let's watch." Grumpy's comment earned him a multitude of scolding looks from those who did not agree with the sentiment, no matter how much some may have considered it for a mere moment before Archie spoke up again.

"No. No, we cannot stoop to her level. No matter who she is or what she's done, killing her is wrong." And no matter how much they disliked it; everyone knew Archie was right. This wasn't the way.

"He's right. Please, she's still my mum." Henry looked up at Emma with worried eyes, his voice pleading with her to do the right thing. Evil Queen or not, Regina was still an important person in Henry's life, everyone knew it would crush him if he were to lose her. And so, in Emma's eyes, the decision was easy.

"We have to stop them." Emma looked to Snow, hoping nobody would try and prevent her from doing so. Instead, they all agreed with her, David speaking up, thinking of the same thing as Odette, or maybe just finally taking note of her overdramatic flying.

"And with magic back, Regina could have her powers back too. They'd be marching into a slaughter." David warned, sharing a look with Snow as they especially understood what that could mean for everyone marching towards the mayor's house right now.

However, as the group started to move in pursuit of the mob, Odette took a moment to croak at David, nodding her head towards the sky. She knew he'd understand the signal as it wasn't the first time she was giving it. Perhaps it had been some time since they fought together against King George, but just as Odette expected, David recognized it to mean that she would scout ahead. Using her ability to rise high into the sky and see further than any of them, she'd try to find Gold while the rest dealt with Regina.

"If you find him, come and get us. Don't approach him first, because he sure does have his magic back." David warned knowingly. While he agreed it was the best way to do things, he didn't want to risk Odette losing her head and getting in trouble with the Dark One now that he was as powerful as he'd been back home. And as long as he knew she'd be safe; David was fully in agreement with her plan.

Flying overhead gave her a perfect chance to see what she had to, to find people or identify a threat in their path, without anyone realizing they'd been spotted. Gold was riskier as he knew she could do it, probably even knew she utilized the ability just for that whenever she could. Still, Odette knew it would be the best use of her time. There wasn't much she could do about the mob headed Regina's way. And so, she nodded her head at David, telling him to go on before she watched him run after the group to catch up before she set off towards the sky.

Rising higher and higher, she focused her eyes down on the streets as she flew. A part of her wondered whether she'd be able to listen to David when she did find the Dark One. After twenty-eight years free of her curse, Odette couldn't stop herself from feeling that same anger after turning back into a swan as she had felt all that time in the Enchanted Forest as she roamed the land.

As the curse transported them here, Iris had been nothing but nice to Gold, often venturing into his shop as she was quite interested in antiques and the small trinkets he held there. Odette couldn't believe she had been face to face with the man, exchanging pleasantries and thinking that he wasn't as bad as the townspeople painted him. Now that she knew the truth... well, she wanted to punch him in the face to put it plainly. But first, she had to find him. And she was more than determined to do so.

'And then get David.' She reminded herself silently, knowing being rash wouldn't get anyone anywhere. But they did need answers. And with that in mind, Odette flew over the town and the forest surrounding it, her eyes peeled to the ground below her in search of the familiar man.

She hoped to find him sooner rather than later, not wanting to give him more time to continue on with whatever he was planning. Because if he'd brought magic to the town, he most certainly had a reason. And something within Odette made her believe she didn't want to see what it was.