168

Odette began stir as she felt someone gently shaking her shoulder, her eyes opening to take in her surroundings as she tired to catch her mind up to what was going on

Odette began stir as she felt someone gently shaking her shoulder, her eyes opening to take in her surroundings as she tired to catch her mind up to what was going on. With her head in Killian's lap as she slept, she soon realized that everyone else had been busy packing up their belongings as they got ready to go on their way. "Why'd you let me sleep, I could have helped?"

"You needed your rest, love." Killian smiled down at her as he helped her up to her feet, laughing as she stretched theatrically before looking around at the state of things. "I suspect we'll be heading back to the Dark One's castle soon enough."

"Hopefully he's found a way to get us-" Odette was about to comment on how eager she was to get back to their time, but her words were cut off as she caught sight of Emma and Aramis standing with the unnamed woman they'd rescued. Although she didn't remain standing for long as Emma smashed her on the back of the head with a piece of wood. "What in the world?!"

"Everything alright here?" Killian asked as the two of them approached the scene, confused eyes glancing down to the woman now passed out on the ground as if she were simply sleeping.

"We're kidnapping her." Emma announced proudly, making Odette give her a wide eyed and confused look while beside her Killian let out a small laugh.

"I always knew there was a little pirate in you, Swan."

"I'm not sure that's a good thing in this case." Odette pointed out incredulously before looking at Emma with a demanding look. "Kidnapping?"

"We can't leave her here and now," Emma began to explain.

"Thank you for finally realizing that part." Her godmother quipped sarcastically, momentarily interrupting Emma's explanation before she could continue on with it.

"So, we take her with us. She can't change the past if she's in the future." Emma pointed out and Odette had to admit, it was a better idea than anything they'd come up with so far. Not that they'd come up with much. "And it's a good thing. Then she can reunite with her family and be with them again."

"Bringing back someone they lost after all this time?" Odette couldn't hold back the doubt from her voice as she thought about the possibility of problems that might cause in someone's life.

"How could that be something bad?" Aramis asked with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Because we have no idea who they are or how their lives went after she died." Odette pointed out the massive wrench they might be throwing into the life of someone who might've found their new happy ending by now. "What if by then they're all already dead, or at the very least not even in Storybrooke. You're just putting her through the pain of losing them while also dumping her alone in a world she couldn't possibly understand."

"It's better than leaving her here, love." Killian pointed out, making Odette give out a small sigh as she knew he was right. They couldn't leave the woman here. Even if it might cause some drama, how bad could it really be to take her with them? If someone offered to bring her father back, she'd most certainly take them up on the offer.

"What happened to her?" David's voice sounding off next to them had all four of them jumping in surprise, looking between themselves as if they were caught even though there was a rather simple lie which they could use.

Luckily, Emma thought of it rather quickly. "She's, uh, resting." The blonde explained, doing her best to hide the guilty look from her face as she quickly moved to change the subject. "What's up?" She questioned.

"Has either one of you seen Snow?" David's question was met with multiple heads shaking in denial. "She went to the stream, but she hasn't..." Whatever his own words made him think of, David quickly moved his hand to his jacket, searching through its pockets as his eyes widened. "The ring. She took it."

"Really? Do you know where she might be headed?" Emma questioned, feigning surprise while Odette quietly chuckled behind her. Trust Snow to still go on with her plan after everything. Not that she could blame her. Now was the perfect chance to make her escape while Regina still thought she was dead. If she did it right, the Evil Queen might never even find out her attempt at killing her had failed.

"She was seeking passage on a pirate ship. There's only one way to get to the harbour from here." David announced, gathering his bags from the ground as he prepared to rush off after the thief again. "The Troll Bridge." He said before running away and in the direction of the bridge, hoping to get there before it was too late.

"Can we not get a break?" Odette groaned out in annoyance as she and Emma began to follow after him, only to have Killian reach out to try and stop them.

"Hold on, wait." He spoke with a positive smile on his face. "The bridge. Isn't that where you want them to be? Isn't that where Snow saved your father from the trolls?" He reminded them both of the story, Aramis nodding his head in agreement, thinking they should let things be and take their natural course now.

"Yes, but the only reason she was able to do that was because she had a weapon. The dust." Emma pointed out.

"She used it to turn the trolls into bugs when they attacked them." Odette added on.

"But now she's already used on herself." Killian gave out an annoyed sigh of his own before starting to follow after the two women and the prince, knowing they had to go fix things yet again. "Bloody hell."

Both David and Snow had quite the head start on them, but nonetheless, the four rushed through the woods in the direction of the troll bridge, hoping they would arrive in time. However, as they moved through the bushes, it was Killian who called out for them to stop, pointing out that they were too late.

Not because the trolls had defeated Snow and Charming already, but because somehow the two had managed to best them even without the dark fairy dust to help in the task. "It appears they didn't need out help after all." Odette breathed out in relief as they remained hidden among the foliage, watching the two hold a conversation between themselves. Watching the conversation that was meant to happen.

"And, um, you can't get married without this." Snow's voice reached them where they were hiding and watching as she pulled out David's satchel and handed it over to him.

Eager to see the ring back in his hands again, David opened it and pulled out the small band holding the green stone. "I know, not your style, right?" He questioned in a joking manner, surprise spreading over his face as Snow plucked it from his hands and put it on her finger.

For a moment, they both remained frozen, staring at it in a bewildered state, and Odette had to do her best to keep in a small laugh. She was watching the moment she so often heard David speak of. The moment he fell in love with Snow. Even if she did interrupt it only seconds later. "Yeah, not me at all. I'm sure your fiancée will love it." The bandit announced as she handed the ring back.

"Well, wherever you are going, be careful. If you need anything-"

"You'll find me?"

"Always."

And there it was, the Charming family motto. And hearing it, it let Odette know that things were finally right again. Because she had no doubt that they would. Find each other again. And she'd be there to help them do it.

Noticing Emma moving beside her, Odette watched as she reached into Killian's bag, pulling out the storybook and flipping open the blank pages which were once again filling up with drawings of the story settling down again. And as she flipped through a few of them, Emma breathed out a sigh of relief as she came upon the one of Snow and Charming's wedding. "Look. We did it."

"Thank heavens." Odette breathed out happily. "Now can we please get out of here before we screw something else up?"