162

"A predictable excess of pomp and grandeur

"A predictable excess of pomp and grandeur. Snow should have no trouble sneaking inside." Killian announced as he pulled his monocular away from his face, smiling as he caught sight of Odette's hand reaching out to close it down while he held it in his one hand.

It reminded him of the first time she'd done something like it, helping him open it when they first arrived to Neverland. And just like that time, she didn't seem to even notice she was doing it as she leaned her head against his shoulder as they sat side by side on the ground, watching Midas' palace from a distance.

"What about us? We're supposed to just sit here and hope that she pulls it off?" Emma questioned in a dejected tone. "I don't like leaving things to chance." She pointed out, Odette about to make note that as far as keeping a low profile went, crashing a royal ball wasn't really in the guidelines.

"You know, I feel exactly the same way, which is why I never do." The chirping voice of Rumplestiltskin caught all four of them by surprise, making them jump up to the feet and turn to look at the large rock on which he was now sitting on while his hand waved through the air and two pieces of paper appeared out of nowhere. "See? An invitation to the ball."

"So, you'll be inside to watch out for her?" Emma asked hopefully, but something told Odette Rumplestiltskin wasn't the type of man to busy himself with babysitting.

"No. No. I'll be far too busy sorting out how to get you home." The Dark One dismissed the assumption quickly, just as Odette had expected him to.

"Well, who's the invitation for?" Aramis questioned with furrowed brows.

"Well, isn't it obvious? The four of you."

"So, when we're done inside, you can open our portal?" Killian questioned, the doubt in his tone hard to miss as he still found himself mistrustful of the Dark One. After all, just yesterday he was debating killing him despite the situation not being as it seemed at first glance. Although, Odette's threats seemed to do well in curbing those desires.

"There's a powerful wand which, uh, I came to possess." The Dark One said vaguely, and Odette made no comment about them already knowing about the Dark Fairy's wand. Revealing they knew about it would reveal that they'd need it in the future. And she most certainly didn't want to explain to him of all people why they needed it.

"Anyway, legend says, it can recreate any magic that's ever been wielded. Now, with a little work, I can use it to recreate whatever portal brought you here." The Dark One announced, leaning forward and handing Killian the two invitations.

"Please do it quickly. We'll be in and out before you know it. I want to get the hell out of here." Emma pleaded, already gathering her skirts as she was ready to go to the castle at once. It was Odette speaking up that stopped her.

"I am the last person who should step foot in there looking the way I do." She pointed out in a somewhat worried tone, Killian nodding as he understood what she meant by that and was about to offer staying back with her while Aramis and Emma went.