68

Their town had been oddly silent ever since the ordeal with Pinocchio

Their town had been oddly silent ever since the ordeal with Pinocchio. And the longer it went on like that, the more Odette wondered about what new trouble would come next. Since there was no way for her to check what Regina was up to, and no way to know who it was that August had tried to warn them about, Odette went to the only other place she thought might hide a source of trouble.

And so, Odette found herself standing on the deck of the Jolly Roger. An entirely empty Jolly Roger. She'd searched through the ship, thinking she'd find the pirate who owned it, but instead, everything was silent and abandoned. The ship left as it was ever since Neal sailed it to Storybrooke from New York. And if he wasn't here, Odette couldn't help but wonder where Killian disappeared off to.

It was just as she was wondering about that, that Odette's attention was caught by the sound of creaking floorboards behind her. From her spot on the dock, Odette spun around, expecting to see the man she was there for. However, instead, her eyes caught sight of Neal helping Tamara take the last few steps aboard the ship while her wide eyes took everything in.

"Sailing back off to New York?" Odette asked, making her presence known and forcing the pair to jump in surprise. Neal's eyes wildly looked around until they settled on her, and he placed a relieved hand over his heart, making Odette let out a small chuckle.

"You gave me a heart attack." He scolded as he and Tamara walked over to her. "And no, not sailing off. I was just showing Tamara around, explaining things. This was a stop on the magic tour." He explained.

"You can't see it from the dock." Tamara mumbled out before starting to move around the ship curiously, examining every surface and corner she could reach while staying within Neal's sights as he'd instructed her.

"Don't worry, coast is clear." Odette said, bringing his eyes back to her. "No pirates aboard." She added, reassuring him there was no need to worry about bringing Tamara around.

"What about you? What are you doing here?" Neal asked curiously, leaning against the railing of the ship, and looking out to the sea beyond the edge of their town.

"Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but the saying goes a captain doesn't abandon his ship. And if you've ever heard Killian talk about her, you know he loves this one." Odette explained. "So, if you locked him up in a storage unit, and he wasn't there when Tamara went to it. Then where the hell is he?"

"Maybe something happened to him along the way?" Tamara joined in on the conversation as she came back to Neal's side. Odette was somewhat surprised to know she'd been listening to their conversation while looking around.

"What do you mean?" The blonde asked curiously. "He's been around in our world long enough to know the basics of how it works." She pointed out. Maybe he didn't know how to catch a plane back to Storybrooke, but Odette doubted he'd let himself get run over by a car again. And she'd like to see some mugger try to attack him.