135

- Storybrooke, present

Odette walked alongside Emma and Henry as they headed for the docks. While the two women intended to go to Regina's magic lesson together, that first meant Odette had to accompany her goddaughter while she dropped her son off with his babysitter for the day.

"Are you helping my mum today? Or coming with me and Killian?" Henry asked her curiously, making Odette snap out of her thoughts on how to avoid having to interact with the pirate while she was there.

"Helping your mum. We have... Some research to do." Odette said, trying to find the best way to describe their plans for the day without actually saying what they were. And technically, research was correct. Researching and studying.

"Oh, okay." The boy nodded his head, seeming even a bit disappointed by that. Apparently, Odette too was fun enough even if they hadn't spent too much time together since his return to town. "He talks a lot about you, you know?" Henry's words had Emma sending her son a subtle shake of her head, trying to get him to shut up. "What?"

"Henry, Killian and I are, uh... in a bit of a spat right now." Odette said as they walked along the docks. "But nothing you should concern yourself with." She added on. "Not that I think you'd find it concerning. You don't care about adult people problems."

"My mum used to talk to me about Walsh a lot." Henry pointed out, making Emma give out a small groan as her near-fiancé was brough up. "I'm pretty good at advice." Henry's words made Odette laugh in amusement. Although, knowing him, she didn't doubt it, really. "So, who was wrong? Him or you?"

"Is he for real right now?" Odette questioned, eyes turning to Emma in amusement who could only shrug her shoulders.

"You guys continue your therapy session while I talk to Killian." The saviour announced, only then making Odette realize they'd reached him and he was only a few feet away on the end of the dock. Determined not to stare at him, she looked back down at Henry only to find his expectant eyes on her.

"You're too mature for your own good, kid." Odette shook her head at the boy, making him laugh for a few moments before he stopped letting her stall and deflect.

"Are you the one who's supposed to apologize?"

"Of course not!" Odette quickly turned defensive. She'd waited a whole damn year for that man from the looks of it, there was certainly nothing for her to be apologising about. That was something she was determined to stand by. Even though she didn't actually know the full story.

"So, he did something bad?"

"Henry, go spend your day with the idiot and be sure not to listen to all the advice he gives." Odette laughed as she spoke, making sure to reach over and mess up his hair, something she knew always managed to work as a distraction as he was forced to fix it.

"Fine, fine." The perpetually curious boy threw his head back in disappointment before walking away from Odette to say one final goodbye to his mum before joining Killian while Emma made her way back to Odette's side.