86

Only some time later did Odette finally get to understand the root of Regina's distaste of this plan

Only some time later did Odette finally get to understand the root of Regina's distaste of this plan. It wasn't because of the timing or the doubt, but rather because the Evil Queen had a history with the fairy they were now looking for. So, it came as no surprise when Emma announced that Regina had decided to hang back and let them talk to Tinker Bell on their own, thinking it might make her more amiable and willing to help.

"I thought this place would be... More fairy sized?" Odette questioned as she climbed up the ladder into Tinker Bell's tree house after Emma, David and Killian having already gone before them. Her eyes taking in her surroundings and the rather empty room.

"It's pretty bare. Reminds me of someplace." Emma gave her own commentary which was soon followed by her mother's as well.

"I thought a tree house would be more cheerful." It made Odette wonder how appreciative Tinker Bell might be of their criticisms should she overhear them. She may not be home right now, but she could come back any moment.

"Where I used to live. That's it." Emma revealed once she realized what it reminded her of as she moved over to the small balcony overlooking the jungle.

"Because it's just a place to sleep." Snow realized soon after.

"What would you know about that?" Emma asked in surprise. And while the mother and daughter spoke, Odette moved over to the hammock, Killian moving aside in his place so she too could sit down and rest her legs a bit.

"I didn't always have a canopy bed in a palace. I had a place like this, too. Once." Snow pointed out in a somewhat amused tone.

"You did?" And Emma couldn't hold back her surprise because of it. For a moment, Odette wanted to ask if she ever actually read Henry's storybook.

"A tree stump. When I was running from the Queen. Believe it or not, I understand this Tinker Bell." Snow shared.

"I lucked out with a cave for a while." Odette shared her own spot that she used to stay in whenever she wasn't on the move back in the Enchanted Forest. Yeah, thinking back on it, Tinker Bell's set up was rather lavish when compared to the ones she and Snow occupied.

Noticing the curious look Killian sent her at the revelation, she simply shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "You make a home where you can when you're running and hiding." She explained shortly, continuing to move her legs as she swung their hammock back and forth, only then realizing he was doing the same.

"The true question is: Why does she have a ladder? Fairies have wings." Snow questioned, walking back to the entrance to the tree house and glancing down curiously.

"Guys, I've found something. It's a handkerchief." David announced, so far silent as he snooped around the corners of the room. But then he turned to them, and while at first, a handkerchief didn't seem like a big deal, once they themselves looked at it, his announcement made more sense.