127

- Enchanted Forest, one year ago

"If you're not here to tell me I'm off bedrest, you might as well just turn around." Odette was rather hostile as Snow and David walked into her chambers in the Queen's palace. It had been a few days since she and the Musketeers had returned from their journey to her kingdom and the palace.

"Someone's going a little stir crazy." Snow let out a small laugh as she moved over to sit on the side of Odette's large bed. The teasing comment simply earned her a sharp look from the blonde that had both her and her husband laughing.

"Honestly, it doesn't even hurt anymore. It's just a bit of a scratch." Odette said, repeatedly shrugging her shoulders to show how true her words were. Well, it did hurt a bit when she did that. But it was her shoulder! Not her legs.

"We all know it's not 'just a scratch'." David pointed out in a scolding tone as he stood by Snow's side. "And we also know that as soon as your feet hit the floor you'll be ready to spring into action again. Hence, the bed rest."

"Damn you all and those monkeys." Odette grumbled out, dramatically flopping back onto her pillows. "And the Wicked Witch. And her dark magic. And the monkeys." She added for good measure. It would all be so much easier if Regina could have just healed the wound once they got back, but due to some kind of dark magic mumbo jumbo Odette hadn't really been listening to back when the Queen explained it, she was stuck with stitches instead of healing magic.

"Don't worry, you'll be back on your feet in no time." Snow said in a comforting tone, giving Odette's hand a gentle squeeze that prompted the blonde to sit back up in her bed. "And it's not like you haven't found something to occupy your time until then." She added on, pointing to all the items which surrounded Odette on her bed, all plucked out of the bag in which Porthos had packed them when leaving her palace after the monkey's attack.

"Sadly, it's time wasted." Odette said, closing the spell book she'd been reading before the two came in for a visit. "Regina came by yesterday to see some of it herself and make sure, but nothing here points to any clues on the Wicked Witch or how to defeat her."

"We'll just look elsewhere." David said optimistically, making Odette send him a dubious look.

"Something tells me if there's anything like that out there, she has her ugly pets stalking it and protecting it." Odette pointed out. By now, she'd realized that was exactly what happened with the monkey that had attacked her and the Musketeers. The Witch had her monkey stalking the palace, just waiting for someone to find what she wanted to steal. What her mother hid. "That book was our best chance and I just dropped it."

"It isn't your fault." David quickly spoke up, wanting to get rid of any blame or guilt she might've been feeling over what had happened. Nobody else blamed her for it. She shouldn't either. "The book would have been useful, but not worth losing you. Remember that the next time you get into a scratch war with a flying monkey."