90

When Killian and David returned from the jungle, they came with more than just vines to create rope

When Killian and David returned from the jungle, they came with more than just vines to create rope. They came back with a new plan. One that had the four women around them both hopeful, but also somewhat confused as none of it had been mentioned before.

"A sextant? And you're telling us about this now?" Emma questioned in surprise.

"How do we know you're not lying?" Regina, on the other hand, was more suspicious than anything else.

"What does he gain by that?" Odette questioned the queen with furrowed brows. If it weren't for Killian's palpable distaste for Pan, maybe the question could be asked, but the last thing they had to suspect was the pirate allying with the boy.

"Oh, you don't know, but I'm not." Killian himself stepped in, denouncing the accusation. "It's the best hope yet we've had of an exit plan, and don't forget we're going to need one." He reminded them, playing on the fact that he too wanted off this island one day soon.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Emma questioned, already leaning over to pick up her bag and get going when Hook spoke to stop her.

"Emma... you were right. We need to get that message to Henry. Every day without hope is a day closer to becoming a Lost Boy." Hook said in a convinced tone, wrapping a bundle of rope around himself, knowing they'd need it for the climb ahead. "Your father and I should go."

"Hook's right." David called out from where he stood collecting his own things that he'd need for the journey. It earned him multiple surprised glances.

"Uh, you wanna split up?" Snow questioned in an uncertain voice.

"Meaning you two... alone... going into the jungle? By yourselves? You two?" Odette kept asking the questions, entirely uncertain what to think about that. And it wasn't even the jungle that worried her, or Pan, or the Lost Boys. It was the fear that David and Killian might become the first ever recorded case of death by bickering.

"It's the last thing I wanna do, but there's a chance he can get us home." David said simply as he walked over to stand in front of his family. At that, they begrudgingly accepted the plan. "And, Emma, while I'm gone just..." He started to say, but the blonde interrupted.

"Listen to my mother?" She asked in a knowing tone, making David laugh in amusement.

"Be careful." He finished what he intended to say. "And when you send that message to Henry, add something to it for me, would you?" He added soon after, the thought seeming to come to his mind only then. "Tell him... tell him grandpa loves him." He said before pulling Emma into a tight hug.

"Oh. Uh, ok." Emma, somewhat stunned by the embrace, took a few moments before she hugged him back, still a bit awkward about it. "Good luck." She says as they pulled apart after which David turned to Odette next.

"How long is this search for the sextant going to last?" She asked in a joking tone, thinking he might be acting a tad bit overdramatic about it all. The question made David force out a laugh, hoping it came across as believable enough.