120

- Storybrooke, present

Ah treks... Odette truly hated them. However, there was no other choice. Not when they seemed to be somewhat close to some kind of progress if the sight of Killian using his hook to shake out some holly berries from a bush branch was anything to go by. "You'll look for any excuse to use that thing, won't you?" Emma's question had Odette unable to hold back a small laugh.

"At least we know we're in the right place. What now?" Killian asked as he wiped away the morning dew from his hook and looked to the two women as they all looked around.

"Now, we start searching." Odette announced, hand pointing in the direction where more bushes seemed to be growing. Moving on ahead, she began to build some distance between herself and Killian and Emma as she moved over to the next bush.

"You know something, Swan? Whenever you're around, I inevitably find myself trekking through some manner of woods or forest, courting danger." Killian pointed out in a joking tone, making Emma look over at him with an amused look on her face.

"Here I thought you weren't afraid of anything. Always looking for the next adventure." She commented in an equally teasing voice as they began walking again, moving after Odette before she had a chance to disappear from view.

"Oh, is that, what this is?" Killian asked, clearly not convinced on the matter.

"Isn't it?" Emma questioned before realizing the direction their conversation was going in was the perfect opportunity to ask some of the questions that had been on her mind as of late. "What the hell were you doing the last year back in the Enchanted Forest? I'm guessing it was one swashbuckling tale after another. Till you decided to come back and save everyone." Despite her wording, Emma knew perfectly well it wasn't about saving everyone, just one person in particular.

And the way Killian's eyes soon turned in her direction after the question only proved it further. Along with the fact that Emma was right to be suspicious if the flash of guilt in his eyes was anything to go by. "Exactly." He said vaguely.

"You're lying." She said in a firm tone, coming to a sudden stop that surprised him enough to make his eyes snap away from Odette ahead of them and turn back to the blonde now blocking his path.

"Excuse me?" He questioned, trying to fake surprise. Something that Emma could see right through.

"What happened back there? What aren't you telling us?" The blonde continued to question, determined to get the answers. They were all missing their memories and then there he was, keeping something to himself. She couldn't be sure how important it might be.

But Killian remained persistent in his denial of the accusations. "Nothing. It's my tale. I'm sticking to it." He said, unable to control his eyes from checking on where Odette was, not wanting to have her overhear them and grow suspicious herself.