12

The road to getting David to Snow White was a hard one for sure, and Odette hoped she would never have to do such a thing again

The road to getting David to Snow White was a hard one for sure, and Odette hoped she would never have to do such a thing again. By the end of it, getting stuck in the Infinite Forest was the safest thing that had happened on their long journey. With the help of the Dark One being the only thing that could get them out of it, the two heroes were forced to do something for the man to gain the means of getting out of the Forest and reaching Snow; a ring that had once belonged to David's mother, now enchanted by the Dark One to lead the prince back to his true love.

Of all the things Odette was expecting the Dark One would have them do, fighting a dragon was most certainly not one. But alas, they faced it and barely managed to get out of that wretched fortress. Luckily they had succeeded in their task, and while Odette really didn't understand why it had to be done, storing a potion of true love in the belly of a dragon, she came to see that trying to understand the motives of the Dark One was a futile cause. But she'd known that for a long time now.

Rumplestiltskin had even made a point of changing David's attire and procuring him a white steed so he would be able to reach Snow faster than he would when traveling on foot. All his words about being a fan of 'twoo love' made Odette want to scoff in disbelief, however, she did see the pain behind his eyes as he had previously spoken of the woman he loved and lost. It seemed inconceivable to think of the Dark One actually loving someone, but not even the man of trickery and deceit could hide the pain.

But instead of letting her mind wonder, Odette focused on the path in front of them, clutching on to David as he pushed the horse to its limits, following the light of the ring which Rumpelstiltskin had given him once their task was done. By this point in their journey the sun had already set, and while the sky was still light, Odette was no longer able to fly after him.

So now, they rode on together, and soon enough the magic placed upon the ring was proven successful. As the steed broke through the trees, Odette and David came upon the sight of the seven dwarves, all gathered around a glass coffin, inside of which lay Snow, still asleep the same as she was when Odette had left her.

"You're too late." Doc said with a sad voice as they took notice of their presence. Many eyes turned towards Odette, relief showing in them as they saw her with the prince. When they found Snow, and Odette nowhere near by, they began to fear the worst.

"No. No..." David's voice was full of despair as he approached Snow White's coffin, tears pulling in his eyes as he took note of her state. He leaned on the glass coffin, his heart breaking at the thought he had lost her.

"He's not, take the top off." Odette said with conviction as she dismounted the horse and approached the group with determination. She received many confused looks, but the dwarves still obeyed.

David approached Snow's sleeping form, thinking that all that was left to do now was to say goodbye. What none, except for Odette, expected was the burst of magic spreading around them as the prince placed his lips upon Snow's.